Urgent Help Req: File Attachment Control - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Urgent Help Req: File Attachment Control

Last post 01-30-2009 02:13 AM by hachishti. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-29-2009 10:17 AM

Urgent Help Req: File Attachment Control

Hi, m developing a Share Point Sequential Workflow using INFOPATH FROM 2007,(TASK FORM 1) File Attached (e.g abc.doc) using File Attachment Control which are allow user to attach, delete, replace.. etc,now i want to display that file (abc.doc) on other TASK FORM 2 in File Attach control which not allow user to browse, delete and replace....

NOTE: i don't want attach my file to sharepoint Library...etc etc

plz help me...

Haseeb Ali Chishti
  • 01-29-2009 12:59 PM In reply to

Re: Urgent Help Req: File Attachment Control

Hello, and welcome to the forums.

I believe that this can be easily accomplished with views. Within the same InfoPath form template, you can have two views. One view can allow the user to atatch/delete/replace, and the second view can allow to display (read only).

If you are not using SharePoint, how is the XML being submitted/stored? Via email? Is the user just saving a local copy of the XML to his drive?

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 01-30-2009 02:13 AM In reply to

Re: Urgent Help Req: File Attachment Control

Hi, and Thanks for Reply... form Submitted using HOSTING ENVOIRNMENT OPTION.... when a Task Form 1 Submitted, all filed's data (text box, date picker, drop down, etct etc ) shows on the next TASK FORM 2 using ItemMetaData.xml... but how an i retrieve the value of FILE ATTACHMENT CONTROL or bind on TASK FORM 2 which can't be edited..by user just Read Only .... take care w8ing for ur Reply
    Haseeb Ali Chishti
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.