Infopath said that the form is read only - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Office365 Alert - Sandbox has been deprecated in SharePoint Online.
Read more here.

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Infopath said that the form is read only

Last post 04-28-2011 10:20 AM by Sa_Les_Ski. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-09-2008 06:58 AM

Infopath said that the form is read only

The message is : "InfoPath cannot update the data, because the form is currently read-only."

I have a form in one computer where i published and never had problems, but today this message (without apparent cause), appears and don't allowed me to send data to my database.

What can i do??? Which is the meaning of that message??

• 04-09-2008 08:57 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath said that the form is read only

Are you opening a blank template or an exisitng XML document?

You could try republishing.  I think I have seen this a long time ago.  The file thinks it is still open and therefore opens in read-only mode.  I am asusuming it says that on the top page title (read-only).

You could try publishing the template with a different name. Something is corrupted so you may have to work to get things reset.

• 04-09-2008 10:49 AM In reply to

Thanks Clay for the fast answer, but the system still showing the same message.

Perhaps the problem was the activation of the Microsoft Infopath, i have a license for volume, and that machine is out of the limit of licences.

Now i'm going to call Microsoft for fix this... and cross the fingers!!! :)

• 07-14-2008 10:32 AM In reply to

Good day.

I have the same problem. When users open an existing XML document, they have a read-only status.

We have a SP 2007 and InfoPath 2007, InfoPath security set to domain, SP permissions are enough and this is not a 10 minutes lock.

And i have normal URL to template.xsn without %25%20 symbols in URL as said in this post

So, what is it? Thanks for attention.

• 09-04-2009 07:30 AM In reply to

• twitrock
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 02-13-2008
    • Grand Rapids, MI
    • Posts 6

I am seeming similar symptoms.

The user can manually go out to the form library and check the file out.  So we know, no one has a lock on it, but the message still appears that it is read only when this specific user tries to open it.  The user has more than adequate permissions on the library.

I even tried clearing the users infopath cache and rebooting the machine.  Still came up with the same error. 

Any ideas?

• 10-22-2009 01:23 PM In reply to

• gurufoo
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • Posts 2

Same thing is happening here.  One computer seems to be the problem.  I had the owner of the computer log into another computer and InfoPath2007 opened up the document fine, all was well.  But back on her computer they all open up in read-only mode.

We had a tech completely uninstall and reinstall Office 2K7 and the problem still exists.

Anyone found a solution they feel like sharing?

• 10-27-2009 02:03 PM In reply to

• gurufoo
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 09-18-2007
    • Tacoma, WA
    • Posts 2

Found a solution that worked perfectly for me.

http://www.batbox.ca/?p=35

Apparently webfolders somehow got corrupted or misconfigured.  Anyways, after following the steps that outlined how to "wipe and reset" the webfolders all was well.

-James

• 04-28-2011 10:20 AM In reply to

It seems the site has been taken down and took me quite a while to find this solution. I am posting it here so it is easier to find.

-Sa_Les_Ski

Problem:Opening a webform in Infopath results in a "read only" version of the form. Resolution:
    Resetting the Webfolders as directed in http://www.batbox.ca/?p=35 fixed the problem.

1. Open My computer
      2. Navigate to: C:\windows\System32 (or c:\WINNT\System32)
      3. Click the Tools menu at the top and select Folder options
      4. Click the View tab
      5. Under the Hidden files and folders section select Show hidden files and folders
      6. Click ok
      7. Scroll way down and locate the file called "webfldrs.msi" (or just "webfldrs" if you don’t see file extensions)
      8. Double click webfldrs.msi to run the web folders installer
      9. Click the Select reinstall mode button
     10. Leave the first item checked and then put a check in the last 4 options so the following items have checks next to them:
            1. Repair all detected reinstall options
            2. Force all files to be reinstalled, regardless of checksum or version
            3. Verify that required user registry entries are present
            4. Verify that required local machine registry entries are present
            5. Validate shortcuts
     11. Click ok
     12. Click the "Reinstall" button – this will reinstall your web folders using the selections we made above

-Sa_Les_Ski
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.