Filling people picker with information from list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Filling people picker with information from list

Last post 12-04-2018 06:36 AM by bsod77. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-29-2018 06:06 AM

Filling people picker with information from list

So here is the scenario: I have a form that will need to be emailed to the supervisor of someone picked in the form. Our AD isn't updated very often to give the correct supervisor on every name listed, so we are working off the org chart list. The user is listed in a people picker on the list as well as the supervisor. I have created a drop down in the form that shows only full time employees, but I don't have a way to email the supervisor from a lookup. Thoughts?
  • 11-29-2018 07:42 AM In reply to

Re: Filling people picker with information from list

I need a little more help understanding. You are saying that you have a SharePoint list that has both the possible users & their supervisors? And a data connection to the list in your form? If that's the case, you should be able to get the supervisor with XPath - attach your form under the Options tab in a reply & I can help you out...
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-29-2018 07:58 AM In reply to

Attached. Yes, the name and the supervisor are both in the same list with a data connection. I have to filter the users first to filter out the contractors, which I have done, but being able to email the supervisor from the list is beyond me for some reason.
  • 11-29-2018 08:05 AM In reply to

Did you perhaps attach the wrong template? This form just has a title & attachments field on the canvas.... with no secondary data connections at all?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-29-2018 08:14 AM In reply to

My bad :)
  • 11-29-2018 05:04 PM In reply to

Looks like the manager / supervisor column in the secondary list is not a person / group type? I think it won't be possible to set a people picker with that info... what are you storing in that column in the list? Just the display name?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-30-2018 06:16 AM In reply to

I changed the employee field to point to a people picker field, and the attached screenshot is the result. Does it matter if the first is a people picker when they can verify the supervisor in the same row using ID?
  • 11-30-2018 07:33 AM In reply to

I must have been unclear. What I was asking was about the supervisor field in the secondary data source. If your employee field is just the display name, that's fine - but I thought you wanted to populate a people picker in your form for the Supervisor? To do that, we need the Supervisors account ID and display name.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-30-2018 08:55 AM In reply to

I'm sorry, for some reason that version didn't have the correct fields. In the end, the supervisor's field will be hidden and just used as a reference in the workflow to send the email. I've been trying to attach the updated showing the supervisor as a PP field, but it's timed out 3 times. Sorry for the long wait in between, taking me almost 20 minutes to post new messages.
  • 12-04-2018 06:36 AM In reply to

Site is running better today, I was able to upload the new form.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.