Populate text field, based on dropdown selection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Populate text field, based on dropdown selection

Last post 11-12-2018 10:33 PM by Heste. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-12-2018 12:47 PM

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 21

Populate text field, based on dropdown selection

I've been trying multiple solutions on the internet, but can't seem to get this to work. I have a dropdown list (secondary datasource) that shows designations. When a 'designation' is selected, the corresponding 'Hourly rate' should show in a text field. (Hourly rate comes from same datasource than designation. List is called: Budget - Designation. (I have 2 data sources to that list) First you have to select Item type = 'Professional Fees' then you need to select the Designation, and based on Designation selected, the Rate field should populate accordingly. The dropdown has a rule to set the hourly rate field once the dropdown field changes. It only takes the first entry and displays that in the hourly rate field, regardless of which designation you select. My form has 2 views, the view "add new item" should have this functionality. Can someone please help to see what I'm doing wrong in my fx function?
  • 11-12-2018 04:50 PM In reply to

Re: Populate text field, based on dropdown selection

I changed your XPath filter to use the current() function - see if this does the trick?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-12-2018 10:33 PM In reply to

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 21

Re: Populate text field, based on dropdown selection

That was it! Thank you, it solved my problem. :-)
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.