Insert new Item in repeating table @ Jennifer Lindsay - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Insert new Item in repeating table @ Jennifer Lindsay

Last post 10-22-2018 07:45 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-15-2018 01:13 AM

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 21

Insert new Item in repeating table @ Jennifer Lindsay

Sharepoint Online environment: I saw a video tutorial from Jen Lindsay here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H09KGvd3vZw&app=desktop It does exactly what I need, but the 'Insert new' button in her demo gives me an error message. When I open the form and click on Insert - it works only once. When I want to insert another item, it gives me an error message with Correlation ID. Or when I open the form, first edit some entries and then click on Insert button, it also gives an error message. With the insert button rule, I set the ID of the main connection to blank. (like in tutorial) I also set some values of the other columns (but that is not necessary) I then submit to Main Datasource and query secondary datasource (to same list) Please help with the insert button?
  • 10-19-2018 08:06 AM In reply to

Re: Insert new Item in repeating table @ Jennifer Lindsay

What's the error you get?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-19-2018 09:25 AM In reply to

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 21

Hi Hilary, I get the following message: An error occurred while using the form. For more information, contact the site administrator. An entry has been added to the Windows event log of the server. Log ID:5567 It gives an correlation id, but since this is SP online, I don't know how to troubleshoot / view the correlation it. Can it be that there are lookup fields in the table I'm trying to insert?
  • 10-19-2018 11:51 AM In reply to

I wonder if this is something that has changed in SharePoint since this demo was done (this was done back in 2014...) - I know that I was trying to set ID back to blank in a list form not that long ago to create multiple new items without having to re-open the form and had an error when I tried that... and seems central to this technique.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-21-2018 10:13 PM In reply to

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 21

I found a solution! You create 2 buttons. One will submit and reopen a blank form. The other will submit and close. :-) My help came from the following post: https://wonderlaura.com/2013/05/01/infopath-save-and-new-button/
  • 10-22-2018 07:45 AM In reply to

Wonderful, thanks for posting your work around!
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.