Default Value Error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Default Value Error

Last post 03-22-2017 09:29 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-08-2017 10:56 AM

Default Value Error

I have a counter-type field (whole number) that keeps track of 30 or so check boxes (all Boolean). I recently added the last 3 Floor 4 fields into the recalculated default value and received an error. Taking one of the fields out of the calculation got rid of the error (so I calculate all Floor 4 fields separately and add it in instead of the 5 separate Floor 4 fields. Is there a limit I am violating for default value either in text string or number of fields to add together?

Here is the default value:

CB_FL1-ConfBriefCenter + CB_FL1-Agency-SFS + CB_FL1-SSIS + CB_FL1-STH-Com + CB_FL1-STH-FineProp + CB_FL1-STH-Residen + CB_FL1-STH-ResClose + CB_FL2-SPMO-Tax + CB_FL2-Tax + CB_FL2-Marketing + CB_FL2-EnterpriseSalesProcurement + CB_FL2-ERG-Proc-TEFS + CB_FL2-KPMG + CB_FL2-Sales + CB_FL3 + CB_FL3-EscrowAccountingTreasury + CB_FL3-EscrowAccountingTreasuryRisk + CB_FL3-Relocation + CB_FL4 + CB_FL4-TBS + CB_FL4-TBSMain400A + CB_FL4TBSEUCStorage + CB_FL4Executive400 + CB_FL5 + CB_FL5-HR + CB_FL5-Reception + CB_FL6 + CB_FL6-CommercialSvcs + CB_FL7 + CB_FL7-Legal + CB_FL8 + CB_FL8-Exec-Finance-Agency + CB_FL9 + CB_FL9-HR + CB_FL9-NTS + CB_FL9-NatlAcct-PolSvcs + CB_FL10 + CB_FL14-EscAcct + CB_FL14-Procurement + CB_FL14-ExecDirOps + CB_FL20 + CB_Cyberia + CB_FL14-Treasury-RiskMgmt + CB_Retail-R2B + CB_Retail-R2B-AgencySFS + CB_Retail-R2C + CB_Retail-R2G + CB_Retail-R2G-PLM

• 03-09-2017 07:06 AM In reply to

It would help to know what the error is. Generally, I'd say no - I've not run into any limits thus far with default values, and I have had some that are very complex. Are all of your checkboxes 1/0?

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-20-2017 08:01 AM In reply to

Design Checker throws an "Unsupported expression" error:

All 5 of the 4th floor check boxes are  True/False (Boolean) 0/1 values. Work around was to add the 5 4th floor values in a separate 4th floor totals field and add it instead of the 5 separate components. Error disappeared.

Filed under:
  • 03-20-2017 08:07 AM In reply to

If this appears twice, I tried once before and nothing happened.

Design Checker throws an error:

All 4th floor values are Boolean (0, 1). Work around was to add the 5 4th floor values together in a separate field and add it in instead of the 5 individual values.

Filed under:
  • 03-22-2017 09:29 AM In reply to

Sounds like you found a work around then. This just looks like simple math & again, I'm not aware of any limits. In the copy of the form you sent me, I added another 6 or 7 fields to the same default w/out an error.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.