Retrieving/Concatenating specific values from a Repeating Table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Retrieving/Concatenating specific values from a Repeating Table

Last post 01-13-2017 03:21 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2017 09:58 AM

Retrieving/Concatenating specific values from a Repeating Table

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I have to say THANK YOU for all the help this website/forum/blog gives to everyone. I has not been able to find an answer to my current challenge. Here it is: I have a repeating table with several columns. I want to be able to concatenate in a textbox the values of a column based on a condition in a different column. To explain better, let's say Column 1 is the the ROLE, and Column 2 is the USERNAME. I want to concatenate in a different textbox the USERNAME values only if the ROLE = Engineer I tried the eval() function (which I am not familiar with, so I will appreciate any address to learn more about the eval()) but I don't get it. Please any help will be very useful!! Thanks
  • 01-12-2017 07:57 AM In reply to

Re: Retrieving/Concatenating specific values from a Repeating Table

Here is a simple sample - save it locally, right click & select design to open in design mode - preview to try it out. http://tinkerersjournal.blogspot.com/2013/01/codeless-double-eval.html has a pretty good explanation.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-12-2017 12:33 PM In reply to

That was extremely useful...!! Thank you so much!!
  • 01-13-2017 03:21 PM In reply to

Oh wonderful, glad I could help. Basically, we add an XPath filter to the repeating group in our eval statement. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.