Site Content Type disappeared - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Site Content Type disappeared

Last post 01-10-2017 01:41 PM by SusanP. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2017 01:41 PM

Site Content Type disappeared

I have been doing the same thing for years:  Publish a browser-enabled InfoPath 2010 form template to a SharePoint 2010 Site Content Type (SCT), then associate that STC to one or more form libraries.  Works fairly well.  I do have to be careful if I create another STC that uses the same columns – I must be sure to promote the InfoPath fields to existing site columns (instead of allowing creation of new [duplicate!] columns). 

Have run into an anomaly on latest site – I published a new SCT, and then associated it with 3 form libraries.  Wrote simple SharePoint Designer workflows against the libraries.  All was fine for about a week.  I attempted to publish a change to the form.  My SCT was not available in the publishing wizard.  In Site Settings, my SCT had disappeared from Site Settings > Site Content Types.  The SCT still shows as the only SCT in each of the three libraries.  And the .xsn file is still where I published it (Site Assets).  Now my only choice in the publishing wizard is to create a NEW SCT, but the existing site columns are not showing. 

Seems like SharePoint hiccupped when updating an index somewhere.  Any ideas??  Thanks. 

Susan Pierce
    University of Texas at Arlington
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.