Infopath sending duplicate emails - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Office365 Alert - Sandbox has been deprecated in SharePoint Online.
Read more here.

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Infopath sending duplicate emails

Last post 01-17-2017 04:35 AM by Bagdoc. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-10-2017 04:17 AM

• Bagdoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2017
    • Posts 9

Infopath sending duplicate emails

Hi All, I am getting duplicate emails when i submit my info path form using form submit rules I not only get duplicate emails but a series of emails (I am submitting form from my android device) can anybody help me, if you need to see my xsn form, i can also share I am stuck on this since last three days, any urgent help would appreciate it Thanks
  • 01-10-2017 07:44 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath sending duplicate emails

Hey, I saw you also posted about this in the Formotus forum - do you have the same issue when you use the form outside of Formotus? Like - if you try it in preview on your machine, does the same issue occur?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-11-2017 01:04 AM In reply to

• Bagdoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2017
    • Posts 9

Yes i have posted it there as well, and thanks for your reply. No, outside Formotus i cannot submit form, as my form uses the Formotus in app menu to submit the form (I know thats horrible but i cannot do anything as its my client requirement) Thanks
  • 01-11-2017 02:23 AM In reply to

• Bagdoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2017
    • Posts 9

One more thing, i have two submit one is to Submit form into SharePoint library and second one is Email submit forms are not duplicating however emails are causing issues. if you want me i can show you my form. and both submit are running on different rules with some value checks Your help will be appreciated as i am stuck in this matter since last week Thanks
  • 01-11-2017 07:41 AM In reply to

Have you checked w/ Formotus support? I'm happy to take a look at the form's submit rules & see if there is anything obviously wrong - just attach under Options to a reply.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-12-2017 12:55 AM In reply to

• Bagdoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2017
    • Posts 9
    I have attached my latest form, in this form i am not getting any duplicate emails but not even getting a single email :) . as i have set some rules, kindly look into it and also i would like to know in my email submit connection i have mentioned the TO Email address, what will be the From email address while sending email? Thanks
  • 01-12-2017 08:11 AM In reply to

The rules look fine. What did Formotus support say about the duplicate emails & errors?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-12-2017 08:17 AM In reply to

If you aren't getting email at all now, are you sure you are setting Material Category? You have conditions to prevent email unless it meets certain values.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-12-2017 10:29 PM In reply to

• Bagdoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2017
    • Posts 9
    Yes Material Category is setting fine thats why form is submitting in SharePoint and i can see new entries there Also i have removed the email sent rules and put a very simple rule for sending emails, updated form is attached, please have a look There is no update from Formotus about emails are not going through My form has no error while submitting it. Do you have an idea when emails send what is the from address, because i have a guess there might be an issue at formotus end Thanks
  • 01-13-2017 07:38 AM In reply to

http://support.formotus.com/hc/en-us/articles/201042317-How-to-submit-Formotus-forms-in-email says that the forms submit using the email client on the device.

http://support.formotus.com/hc/en-us/articles/201042497-How-to-configure-a-multiple-submit has more info on multiple submits.

Have you read these? 

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-15-2017 11:14 PM In reply to

• Bagdoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2017
    • Posts 9

Thanks for Hilary, For the answer, yes i have read those pages. But yesterday i have received message from their support, and they said they have found the root cause of the issue and that will resolved in your up coming release, so i am waiting for it. hope it will resolve after their release :) I will update you once it is resolved otherwise will take your assistance :) Thanks
  • 01-16-2017 07:41 AM In reply to

If the issue is with their product, which it sounds like it is based on what support has said, there isn't really anything anyone else can do to help. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 01-17-2017 04:35 AM In reply to

• Bagdoc
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-04-2017
    • Posts 9

Emails are working now, no duplication they suggest not single submit connection more than once in form, which is quite strange and illogical but when i applied it is working :) anyhow let me wait till end of January to see what they fix. however when my customers are try to use application from iPads they are getting service error, which is not on smart phones Thanks
Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.