Shared network, managed code error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Shared network, managed code error

Last post 11-17-2016 02:22 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 35 replies.
Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2016 09:48 AM In reply to

Re: Shared network, managed code error

Do I use \\servername\folder for only the second dialog? The first one being in my folders?

• 10-06-2016 09:55 AM In reply to

So I just tried and got a new error message  when I put the code (because when there's no code, it works):

Modèle de formulaire : file:///\\int.ec.gc.ca\shares\s\STL_COMMUN\TVE\REMPLIR_UN_FORMULAIRE.xsn
    InfoPath ne peut pas ouvrir le formulaire sélectionné en raison d’une erreur dans le code de ce formulaire.
    Les paramètres de stratégie empêchent l'ouverture des formulaires Internet comportant du code managé. Pour résoudre ce problème, contactez votre administrateur système.

Which means: form model: file...
    InfoPath cannot open the selected form because or an error in the form code.
    The strategy parameters (policy setting) block the opening of the Internet forms containing managed code. To solve this problem, contact your system admin.

• 10-06-2016 03:13 PM In reply to

You may need to talk to someone on your company's IT team for help. I also noticed you are using the mapped path in your code - again, since you probably can't control what the drive letter is your users have mapped, you should probably use the server name, like \\server\shares\etc, as you do in the second step of the publishing wizard. Can you verify that you are opening the form from the published location? Can you let me know if you removed old copies of your form from your cache? I'm trying to see if we have network share anywhere internally so I can try the same thing and make sure I don't have the same issue.

EDITED TO ADD: The reason you don't get the error w/out code is because the trust level required is different w/out code, as per the error message you received. 

Hilary Stoupa

• 10-13-2016 06:14 AM In reply to

Ok I want to try something.

Everytime I publish the file, it still saves on the original one. So I want to create a real new one with all the rules and pages... How can I copy the entire thing to another new InfoPath file? Is it possible?

If not, I'll try now what you just told me. Where do I find the cache? Is it only the forms that I might have filled and that's it?

Sorry I'm only here once a week now but thank you very much for your help!!

• 10-13-2016 07:01 AM In reply to

So I just published the form with the same address (\\int.ec.gc.ca\shares\s\STL_COMMUN\TVE\REMPLIR_FORMULAIRE.xsn) on both dialogs in the wizard.

I tried opening it and I got an error message saying that the code is not good (in the filler).

I the design mode, it said that it couldn't find the code, that I had to find it in the browser.

So on the picture attached, there's the location where the code project should be at the bottom. Should I put a location that is also on the shared files? If so, should I move the files? Create??

• 10-27-2016 06:44 AM In reply to

Help? :/
  • 10-27-2016 12:52 PM In reply to

I just tried this. I took a new blank form, added code to the save event to default the save location, published to a network folder, and then opened the published form from the network folder - I had no errors. I did use the full server path for both dialogs when publishing (because that was what was on my clipboard, so I just pasted it twice), but I didn't have any issues. Maybe take screenshots of each step of your publish and paste them in a Word doc or something so you can attach them all to one post and someone will be able to see what's going wrong.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-03-2016 08:24 AM In reply to

Ok I wanted to try this but now I don't have the button for 'when saving, do this code' thing... Why is there always something not working...

I saved the file, published it and put some things on the form (text and text fields).

• 11-03-2016 08:40 AM In reply to

You need to set the form to a Filler form under compatibility. Web Browser forms don't allow using code for Save. You should be able to use File > Save As > select the filler option from the dropdown. See attached screenshot.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-03-2016 09:41 AM In reply to

Ok here it is!

I can't add a file that exceeds 500kb and my word file is 5Mo so I made a pdf and uploaded it on my Google Drive account. Here's the link to view it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7bH6cIq4C0JTHdmU2wwSHpoRVU/view?usp=sharing

Otherwise I don't know how to share you so many images... I tried compressing it but I don't know how, it stays at 5Mo even when I 'zip' it (also, this website won't allow me to uplaod word files).

Filed under: , ,
  • 11-03-2016 09:58 AM In reply to

It looks exactly like the steps I would take to publish and open the form - and I don't get an error on open. Can I see your test template? You should be able to attach it under a reply in the Options tab.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-03-2016 10:24 AM In reply to

This is the published form.

• 11-03-2016 10:51 AM In reply to

Ok - so I ended up with the same issue - I think it may be because I rebuilt my machine last weekend. I may have had some settings preventing this. Adding the server to my local intranet in IE did the trick for me, perhaps try that?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 11-03-2016 10:58 AM In reply to

And how do you do that?

• 11-03-2016 11:10 AM In reply to

Sorry - Under Internet Explorer > Internet Options > Security, select Local Intranet. Select Sites. Select Advanced. Add your server to the sites in that list. I'd try something like *.ec.ga.ca (if I am reading the address from your screenshots correctly).
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 3 (36 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.