Can I save data in SQL Server using InfoPath? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Can I save data in SQL Server using InfoPath?

Last post 06-01-2012 05:02 PM by smithringers10. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2011 07:45 AM

Can I save data in SQL Server using InfoPath?

Hi, I need some guidance, please.

First all of, I am running MOSS 2007 SP2 and MS InfoPath 2010

I want to know if I can create a browser form to save information into a SQL Server. If so, how can I do that? Basically, SharePoint & InfoPath will be the interface between the user and the DB. Can I display the info in a regular view? In the end, I want a form library that stores data in a SQL Server DB.  

Thanks in advanced

• 12-08-2011 05:53 AM In reply to

Re: Can I save data in SQL Server using InfoPath?

Hi-

If you want a browser-based, InfoPath form that submits data to SQL, you'll need code, you'll need a web service, or you'll need a third party tool. This has been discussed previously, such as here, here and here. This is a good read as well.

Good luck!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 12-09-2011 06:18 PM In reply to

Thank u very much! :)
  • 03-17-2012 09:40 PM In reply to

Yes, you can do this. For a browser-enabled form you will need to create a webservice to be the middle man between the InfoPath form and the database. I'm not sure if I asked you this before - but do you have any programming experience? I used the following to teach myself how to create a webservice for my InfoPath forms: http://www.bizsupportonline.net/infopath2007/how-to-submit-repeating-table-infopath-web-service.htm Melissa

• 04-19-2012 10:47 AM In reply to

Yes, you can do this. For a browser-enabled form you will need to create a webservice to be the middle man between the InfoPath form and the database. I'm not sure if I asked you this before - but do you have any programming experience?

• 06-01-2012 05:02 PM In reply to

Can I display the info in a regular view? In the end, I want a form library that stores data in a SQL Server DB.  

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.