Please insert a smart card error??? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Please insert a smart card error???

Last post 04-05-2012 04:59 PM by dlcj21. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-06-2011 02:57 AM

Please insert a smart card error???

Ladies and Gents,

Everytime a user (specifically with a laptop!) opens my form, they are asked to insert a smart card.

My form includes a digital signature and a certificate.  The form itself is set to FULL trust.

Can anyone advise how I get rid of this prompt when the form opens??

Thanks for any help

James

• 05-27-2011 05:40 AM In reply to

• jenyo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2010
    • Posts 18

Re: Please insert a smart card error???

Hello James,

Were you ever able to resolve this issue with the "insert smart card"?

I am having the same problem - form set to Full trust - and haven't been able to fix.

Thanks,

Jen

• 06-02-2011 06:08 AM In reply to

Hi Jen,

Sorry for the lateness of my reply.

Myself and my colleague (who is also developing some forms) had the error during testing with other users.  It seemed to occur only for users with laptops!

We solved the problem by generating a new certificate on a certificate server that is inside our domain and applying this to the form. 

I hope this helps you.

James

• 06-06-2011 05:27 AM In reply to

• jenyo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2010
    • Posts 18

Thanks for your help James. 

Cheers,

Jen

• 11-16-2011 10:07 AM In reply to

• kidist
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-15-2011
    • Posts 1

Hi James,

Could you please post instruction on how to generate the certificate inside the domain and applying it to the form? I have tried it but did't work for me.

Thanks

• 04-05-2012 10:47 AM In reply to

Is there anyone out there that can point me in the right direction for how to generate a new certificate on a certificate server and what all the details around that are?  I haven't been successful in finding a solution to this smart card issue.  Every post I find points back to this one which is left open ended. 

We've had a form in use for a few years now without any problems and now that we're starting to introduce windows 7 computers into our environment, some users are getting this popup and they don't have laptops.  I'm currently on windows 7 and since I'm the author of the certificate, I do not receive a smart card popup.  The person that's getting this popup does not have a laptop, they have a desktop and the certificate was generated from a desktop pc.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

• 04-05-2012 04:59 PM In reply to

I found a solution that I thought I would post here. It gets rid of the smart card popup but I'd still like someone to point me in the right direction when it comes to storing a certificate on a certificate server. For the smart card pop up, if you don't have a smart card, you need to go into your services (start>control panel>administrative tools>services) and stop the smart card service, then set the startup type to manual or disabled. That removed the smart card pop up for my users that have just recently upgraded to windows 7. Hope this helps!
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.