HELP! -InfoPath 2007 - "This form cannot be opened because it requires the domain permission... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

HELP! -InfoPath 2007 - "This form cannot be opened because it requires the domain permission...

Last post 04-05-2011 09:44 AM by Josie. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-28-2011 07:45 AM

HELP! -InfoPath 2007 - "This form cannot be opened because it requires the domain permission...

Hi

I have an infopath form which receives data from a sharepoint list. Then uploaded the infopath form into a sharepoint library.

Then made a link (using the shortcut to the document) which allows users to open the form from the sharepoint collaboration site

The problem is that when some clicks on the link and tries to open the form, this message is shown....

"This form cannot be opened because it requires the domain permission level and it currently has restricted permission. To fix this problem, open the form from the location it was published to."

And it gives you twop options, "OK" and "Show Details>>"

When you click on show details this is the content it has..

"Forms that require the domain permission level contain features that access information on a network, such as data connections, linked images, and code."

I have given users full control in the sharepoint site but nothing has changed :s

Also, the form initially worked on the collab site but someone else designed it. I made changed to it and uploaded back into the site.

What am I supposed to do?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

• 03-28-2011 08:51 AM In reply to

Re: HELP! -InfoPath 2007 - "This form cannot be opened because it requires the domain permission...

Hi there. Open the form in Design Mode (right click the file and click Design), then go Tools > Form Options > Security and Trust, and change the selection to Domain. Click OK and then save.
  • 03-29-2011 12:28 AM In reply to

Re: HELP! -InfoPath 2007 - "This form cannot be opened because it requires the domain permission...

Hi It is already set to domain in Security and Trust :s
  • 03-29-2011 08:17 AM In reply to

• Gouki
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2010
    • Cape Girardeau, MO
    • Posts 11

I have a few forms experiencing the same issue. The only way I've found around this is to change the permissions to full on the form and create a digital certificate (which expires within a couple months). I would love to find out how to get this back to domain level instead of creating new ceftificates every couple months!

For Some it's the Path...not the Goal
  • 03-30-2011 03:56 AM In reply to

I have tried that and still notice the same problem :s

Please HELP!!1

• 03-30-2011 10:05 AM In reply to

You say you uploaded the form to a library. Forms need to be published to open correctly -- if you don't want a form library for your form, you'll probably need to publish it to the library (as if the library were a network location). Most likely your form does NOT have to be full trust, unless you have custom code that requires it.

Hilary Stoupa
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-30-2011 12:56 PM In reply to

• Gouki
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2010
    • Cape Girardeau, MO
    • Posts 11

I'm seeing this issue on multiple forms...ones that are published to a library on sharepoint and ones that are just saved to a general location. We do pull from SharePoint lists in a lot of our forms so I'm wondering if maybe that's part of the issue.

• 03-30-2011 02:18 PM In reply to

Unless your form has code that requires full trust, there is no reason you should not be able to use domain trust. Does the SharePoint site you are opening the form from belong to your local intranet in Internet Explorer? Querying data from a SharePoint list, as long as it is done with an InfoPath data connection should not cause your form to require full trust -- something else must be going on. Did you recently change versions of InfoPath, perhaps upgrade from 2007 to 2010?

Hilary Stoupa
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 03-31-2011 05:24 AM In reply to

Hi

So I tried publishing it to the library but for some reason it did not like it because there was some content already in the library so i went ahead and created a new library just for that form.

However, doing that defeats the use of a LINK to open the form and the user would have to click NEW in the library to open up the form. This is not a big issue but they still get that error message :(:(:(

• 03-31-2011 05:29 AM In reply to

To clearify your point, someone initially created the form and I edited, saved a copy to local drive and went into design mode and made the necessary changes (no coding involved)

And it is RECEIVING data from a sharepoint list which I have access to and the user also has access to (since this is where they make an entry)

Then I republished the form to it's original location (in a document library) the was i did it was click Upload, then searched for the form on my desktop.

All the user has to do is make their entry in the list and then click on the form (in the document library) and this is when they get the error message :s

I have changed it to full control and it doesn't work

I created a certificate when I selected full control but still did not work

• 03-31-2011 05:31 AM In reply to

Correct, the sharepoint belongs to the local intranet

I have not changed a version of infopath I am still using 2007. If only I know why it is suddenly not working :(

All i did was make changes and uploaded it back to its original location....

• 03-31-2011 01:16 PM In reply to

• Gouki
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 04-01-2010
    • Cape Girardeau, MO
    • Posts 11

Hilary Stoupa:

Unless your form has code that requires full trust, there is no reason you should not be able to use domain trust. Does the SharePoint site you are opening the form from belong to your local intranet in Internet Explorer? Querying data from a SharePoint list, as long as it is done with an InfoPath data connection should not cause your form to require full trust -- something else must be going on. Did you recently change versions of InfoPath, perhaps upgrade from 2007 to 2010?

Hilary,

Yes, it's part of the local intranet. There are a handful of employees that have Office 2010 but I'd say almost everyone is still running 2007. The SharePoint list is done with a data connection through InfoPath. Any other suggestions for things I can look for?

• 03-31-2011 03:54 PM In reply to

And your form has no code?

I'd set to domain and try publishing to a new, test library, I think, just to make sure it wasn't the SharePoint library causing the issue somehow....

Hilary Stoupa

• 04-05-2011 09:44 AM In reply to

• Josie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-20-2010
    • Posts 3

I am having this EXACT same problem! I had uploded an .xsn file to our sharepoint site; the file receives data from a sharepoint list. It worked fine for a while. Now almost no one except me and another colleague can access the file. Everyone else gets the "form cannot be opened because it requires the domain permission level and it currently has restricted permission" error message. The security setting is set to "domain." I've given everyone at LEAST Contribute permission on the site level, the library level, the list level, AND the document level; even when I set their permission to Full Control, it doesn't help. I swear this file used to work, and now it's not. Like others on this site, publishing the file doesn't help because the whole idea is to be able to provide a link to people so they can just open the file and see the most up-to-date information (loaded from the sharepoint list).

ACK.

Update: The error message text makes it seem the uploaded file is still trying to connect with the file on my network (where I designed it)... which kind of makes uploading it beside the point. Have contacted our IT staff to see if there is a way to make the uploaded file stop trying to connect with its source file on the network.

RESOLUTION! Yea! One of our sharepoint gurus figured out that an infopath form published to a sharepoint form library has a default filename of template.xsn... and that we can link to it using the filepath including the form library name, "/Forms/" , and "template.xsn" ... e.g., http://yoursharepointsitename.com/FormLibraryName/Forms/template.xsn   -- Users with the proper sharepoint permssions can now access the file (which automatically updates with data via infopath data connections to a list also hosted on sharepoint).

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.