Can't open form in Design mode: URGENT!!! - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Can't open form in Design mode: URGENT!!!

Last post 11-06-2014 09:42 PM by nidhi. 23 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-12-2005 12:31 AM In reply to

• erezl
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-06-2005
    • Israel
    • Posts 12

Re: Can't open form in Design mode: URGENT!!!

Has I thought it is only on my form. The form had a DB change, and I have to try make exactly he scenarion. But if you take an empty section in my form the form can not be opened to design mode.
  • 09-12-2005 09:04 PM In reply to

Patrick,

Thanks a lot for your help, we, at the office, are all very impressed by your skill, it is amazing that you managed to solve a problem in a couple of hours, that a hot-shot engineer at the office couldn't figure out in two weeks. I take my hat off.

Thanks a lot

Pablo O. Monasterio
  • 09-13-2005 01:23 AM In reply to

Thank you Pablo but I merely was a messenger,
    The credit for fixing your issue goes to Greg Collins who solved this problem in ~30 minutes while under the influence of an uncomfortable fall cold. Greg's da man!

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    InfoPath MVP
  • 11-09-2005 01:27 PM In reply to

• ivan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-09-2005
    • Mexico
    • Posts 1

Hi, I have a similar problem, when I try to open the file Infopath sends this message:

"Insufficient Security Privilege"

"The form cannot be opened because it requests domain security level and is only allowed restricted security level. Contact the form author to resolve the issue"

And when I try to open the file in design mode the message is this:

"Infopath has encountered an error. the operation failed"

Do you have any idea for what is happening? or how I can resolve this?

thanks

quote:
    Originally posted by Patrick Halstead

Thank you Pablo but I merely was a messenger,
    The credit for fixing your issue goes to Greg Collins who solved this problem in ~30 minutes while under the influence of an uncomfortable fall cold. Greg's da man!

InfoPathDev

• 11-09-2005 02:50 PM In reply to

Hi Ivan,
    Looks like you have a Restricted form that was deployed to a site in your Domain (hence the Domain Trust requirement). You will need to go to where the form template was deployed and edit the form template to specify Domain Trust (Tools->Form Options->Security). Domain Trust is the default, so not sure why it is set to Restricted - especially if it was deployed to a domain site. Restricted forms can be used for e-mail deployment, but aren't much good in practice because most operations require Domain Trust.

I'm guessing that the operation failed because a) bug in the form template, or b) you don't have the form template installed / or can't access.

Hope this helps,

InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    InfoPath MVP
  • 06-06-2013 11:03 AM In reply to

Hi Patrick I have a similar issue to reopen a template in design mode, but this happens when i added a conditional formatting for a field, and only when validate with the email model. I saved the template like sources fields to check the .xsf and .xsl differences between previous versions. When delete this section of the view1.xsl file, the problem fixed it. Is it a problem with the xdUtil:Match reported by Microsoft?? Here is a extract of view1.xsl of the problem: ---> This cause error in the next open in design mode ---> This can be reopen in design mode Thanks and best regards!!!
  • 07-30-2013 11:49 AM In reply to

• Tracey
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-30-2013
    • Posts 1

Patrick,

Is it okay if I send you my form?  I am encountering this same problem.  It looks like this thread is a few years old, but I was hoping to get my issue resolved.

Here's my situation...

I have a rather large form that I've been working on for weeks.  I save all of my copies with a date stamp, so I do have an older version, but I lost everything that I was working on last week.  I am in the process of making some enhancements and at the same time I have been doing some cleanup by labeling all of my fields and getting rid of old fields that are no longer in use.  I think this messed something up because I am now getting the "Infopath has encountered an error. Operation failed", when I try to open the design view.

Please let me know!  Also, I am with Great-West in Denver, so I know you will be visiting us soon for some training, but I have a deadline for this form of 9/1.

Thank you,

Tracey

• 08-01-2013 10:57 PM In reply to

Sure, send it to us.

I can take a quick look at it and if it's an easy fix, I will help.

If not, we do kindly request some support assistance (i.e. dollars).

I will respond to your email now.

Sorry about the delay.

P

Patrick Halstead
    InfoPath MVP
  • 11-06-2014 09:42 PM In reply to

• nidhi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-06-2014
    • Posts 1

hi , I am not able to open an .xsf file in design mode ." Infopath has encountered a problem , operation failed" error is coming . Infopath 2013 is installed in my system with Office 2013 . Please provide solution.
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2012 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.