Fill out a form dialog box appears after form submitted - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Fill out a form dialog box appears after form submitted

Last post 10-01-2008 06:46 AM by mseitz. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-30-2008 11:06 AM

Fill out a form dialog box appears after form submitted

After I submit my Infopath form to Sharepoint, I would like it to return to the Sharepoint list.   However, it currently shows the "fill out a form" dialog box instead.  I am forced to close the window, and then the list is displayed.   How can I prevent it from behaving like that ?   Thx.

• 09-30-2008 12:36 PM In reply to

Re: Fill out a form dialog box appears after form submitted

Hi,

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

By default, after users submit a form, InfoPath keeps the form open and displays a message to indicate if the form was successfully submitted. To change this default behavior, go to

Tools -> Submit Options -> Advanced

You can select any one from these available options.

1.      Close the form

2.      Create a new, blank form

3.      Leave the form

• 09-30-2008 01:22 PM In reply to

My selection was "close the form".   I also unchecked "show success and failure messages", and it still displays the FILL OUT A FORM dialog box.

• 09-30-2008 10:59 PM In reply to

Hi,Add a rule on the button (which is used to submit the document to SharePoint library) to close the form.1.    Go to button properties.2.    Click on Rules. Then click Add.3.    Click on Add Action and select ‘close the form’.Hope this will help to you.

Swathip
    www.ggktech.com
  • 10-01-2008 06:46 AM In reply to

Thanks for your help !!   I was using the submit button on the toolbar, but created a new submit button on the form, with the rules you recommended.   Works great !!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.