Autofill most recent text box in repeating table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Autofill most recent text box in repeating table

Last post 06-18-2008 06:01 AM by khendry. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-17-2008 10:15 AM

Autofill most recent text box in repeating table

I have a drop down list with a rule applied to autifll the value of a text box in a repeating table based of the selection in the list.  This works great for the first row in the repeating table.  As soon as I insert another row, then select another item from the drop-down list it autofills both text boxes in the repeating table. 

How can I set the drop down list to only autofill the last row in the repeating section.  I dont want the autofill rule to apply to every row in the repeating table.

Kevin
  • 06-17-2008 04:19 PM In reply to

Re: Autofill most recent text box in repeating table

There can be a couple of issues here:

1. You could have a non-repeating node in your repeating table which is being populated. In this case, it, of course, will always show the same value on every row.

2. If your drop-down is outside the table, and your rule populates a node in the table, then you will always get all rows populated with the same value. This is just how rules work on repeating tables. Unfortunately, there's no way to filter for a specific row in your rule. In this situation you will need to use code to set the value. 

• 06-18-2008 06:01 AM In reply to

Re: Autofill most recent text box in repeating table

Thanks for the response Greg.  I'm not experienced enough to use custom code for this.  The drop down is outside of the repeating table.  Would it be possible for me to email you my infopath form to take a look and point me in the right direction.  I have a feeling I'm trying to work around something there may be an easier solution for.  It's a pretty simple Purchase Order request form for the local Town that I work for.

The purpose of the drop down menu's are for filling in the department code.  Rather than the users looking up the departmental codes, I wanted them to be able to select from drop down menu by name, and the textbox will autopopulate with the corresponding accounting departmental code. 

I don't see a way to upload or attach the file here or I would.

Thanks

Kevin
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.