Form Template's status remains forever in 'installing' or 'deleting' state - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Form Template's status remains forever in 'installing' or 'deleting' state

Last post 12-07-2010 08:40 AM by nirmalsandipm. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-05-2008 08:38 AM

Form Template's status remains forever in 'installing' or 'deleting' state

Hi,

I am having this problem since yesterday. I uploaded an administrator approved full-trust form template using the upload feature in the Manage Form Templates section in central administration. After this I want to activate this form template for a site collection but the status field never changes to 'Ready' and I am totally stuck there. I tried to delete the form and it got stuck in the 'deleting' state forever.

I executed the stsadm.exe -o execadmsvcjobs , but it was of no use. It doesn't make any difference to the status field.

Regarding the environment, its a simple farm with a front end web server and an application server. I had a peek into the features folder and it did created the feature for the form template no both the machines in the farm.

I am stuck!!! Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Srinivas

Srinivas Varukala
    http://sharenotes.wordpress.com
  • 06-05-2008 10:37 AM In reply to

Re: Form Template's status remains forever in 'installing' or 'deleting' state

I was able to figure out how to delete these 'dangling' form templates. However, I am still not sure whey they are getting stuck in the never ending status. Anyways for those who is looking for a solution to the problem, read this:

Form template’s status never leaves “Upgrading…” or “Removing…” states

These states seem to indicate that you're running a multiple-machine server farm, and on your server farm, you're running into some issues in propagating changes to all of the machines.  If you have not done so already, I highly recommend turning on the following services on each machine: SPAdmin, and SPTimerV3 You can do this by running:
                    net start SPTimerV3
                    net start SPAdmin
    On each machine.  Net start is a ensure semantic, so this will not inadvertently toggle or cause any damage if run on a machine where the service is already started.  Now that that's done, you can go on to correcting the problems that you have.

From Central Administration, go to the Operations page, under the Global configuration group, click on Timer Job Status.  On that page, look for timer jobs that have the name in the following formatting.  If you filename is FOO.xsn, it will look like:
    Windows SharePoint Services Solution Deployment for "form-FOO.wsp"

See if there was a failure.  If so, go back a page, and go to Timer Job Definitions.  Drill down in the timer job definition that you care about and you can perform the following:

>> For the case of status stuck on “Uploading”:
    1.       Try to restart the job if that is available.
    2.       If restart is not available, delete the job, then attempt to upgrade again.

>> For the case of status stuck on "Upgrading":
    2.       If restart is not available, delete the job, then attempt to upgrade again.

>> For the case of status stuck on "Removing":
    2.       Else, Remove the job. (continue to step 3)
    3.       Then, go back to the Manage Form Templates and try again to Remove the form template.

http://blogs.msdn.com/infopath/archive/2006/10/23/behind-the-scenes-of-administrator-approved-form-templates.aspx helps a lot if you read it patiently.

code on..

Srinivas 

Srinivas Varukala
  • 01-28-2010 08:21 AM In reply to

Srinivas , that is a great article ,

and it helped fix my issue with deployment and redeployment with certain Content Types.

I wanted to add that If you are doing this on a SharePoint Farm , you want to make sure the Timer Service is running on all the Servers on the Farm.

My issue was a bit funny as one of the servers in the farm didn't have that running the the Deployment would always get stuck on "Installing" and the removal get stuck at 

"Deleting"

thanks

George Gergues

SharePoint Architect.

• 01-28-2010 08:40 AM In reply to

Glad it helped. :)

Srinivas Varukala
  • 06-22-2010 02:09 PM In reply to

You Must clean the adm jobs on all the serevrs in the farm , not only one .

"c:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\bin\stsadm.exe" -o execadmsvcjobs

If you have 2 WFE and 1 SQL , you will have to run that command on all 3

Good Luck

-George Gergues

-SharePoint Architect
  • 12-07-2010 08:40 AM In reply to

Hey, I tried this but these services are already started on my machine. Please give some siggestions. It's very urgent.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.