How many columns can we publish to SharePoint Form Library using InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

How many columns can we publish to SharePoint Form Library using InfoPath

Last post 06-19-2008 08:32 AM by David@linksoftware.co.uk. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-06-2007 11:17 PM

How many columns can we publish to SharePoint Form Library using InfoPath

Hi all,

I'm trying to publish 162 columns to a SharePoint form libarary using InfoPath form. But i can see onlt 110 columns in it. Can anybody help me out in this?

Regards,

Praveen

• 08-07-2007 06:40 AM In reply to

Re: How many columns can we publish to SharePoint Form Library using InfoPath

Hi, i do not exactly know how many you can have but i do know that sharepoint limits the colums you can use. i guess only option you have is to reduce somehow your colums. if possible use some repeating section and use the merge function to have more than one value in one column.
    Listen to Motörhead cos they play Rock'n Roll :)
  • 08-07-2007 07:19 PM In reply to

The numbers are limited based on datatype. 32 ints, 64 strings, 8 datetimes, etc. Something like that I don't remember the exact limitations, but they make it very hard.

Why not just save your data to SQL - then you can have unlimited promoted properties.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 12-13-2007 07:09 AM In reply to

Is this limitation with both Infopath 2003 and 2007?  Or is the limitation on SharePoint?  I keep getting the error "Updating Content Type Failed".  Looking at the other posts, there's no clear answer.  I am wondering if the problem is truly a column limit. 

Thanks, Dave

• 06-19-2008 08:32 AM In reply to

Hi,

If you are publishing a new infopath 2007 form it does seem that you can publish as many fields as you wish, i have forms with several hundred promoted fields, though displaying them in one view is not a good idea.

The problem seems to be making changes to a form with high numbers of promoted fields, after a certain limit, typically around 100, the publishing of a new modified template seems to time out and give the updating content type failed message.

So it should be possible to promote as many form fields as you like, however this can severely restrict any further form development, unless of course you choose to remove some of the promoted fields or create a new library and re-link forms, and re-design and filters or default values in any forms that look at the original form library.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2017 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.