Print Preview & Infopath 2007 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Having trouble finding a blog or post that answers your question? Check out our Custom Search Page

Print Preview & Infopath 2007

Last post 11-09-2009 11:33 AM by Poldy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-09-2007 06:44 AM

Print Preview & Infopath 2007

First off I would like to say thank you to Clay.  Clay has been very helpful in the past.  So kudos to Clay, you do great work.

OK now to my question:

1)  I have created a form where you can go from page to page via next or back buttons, my issue is this, once they complete the form (individual pages) and try to do a print preview they only see the page they are on, I would like the print preview to show everything on all 5 pages of the form so they can review everything they have entered?

2) Infopath 2007 - I have Office 2007 Professional but it did not include Infopath 2007 is that common, I tried to get Infopath on the website but it says something about enterprise, I thought infopath was a standard option in office 2007 ?  Correct me please.

Thanks for all the help.

• 05-09-2007 08:50 AM In reply to

Re: Print Preview & Infopath 2007

Hey Michael, thanks for the kudos :)

In order to get the print out you want you need to create one more view specifically for the print out.  So you would format it to show the elements from all of your views and process and format it the way you needed.  InfoPath has some limitations when creating paper forms, I believe since the whole point is having the form and information electronic, but you should be able to get what you need for this.  You can also go into the print properties for each view and set your new print view as the default. That way whereever they are when they print they get the correct, complete format.

InfoPath is not included in the standard or professional versions of Office, I believe it is only the enterprise version.  You can buy it seperately though and I know you can download a trial version.

Filed under:
  • 05-09-2007 12:28 PM In reply to

Clay,

Thanks very much for that info, your suggestion was perfect, thats all I needed.

I have looked for a trial version link for Infolink 2007 but I can not find it as a stand alone, always enterprise download.

If you have a link could you post it please?

• 05-09-2007 12:50 PM In reply to

It looks like you are correct, you have to download the whole enterprise suite, not just InfoPath. 
  • 11-09-2009 10:50 AM In reply to

• Poldy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2009
    • Posts 7

Not sure if this is entirely on-topic, but I have noticed that shading does not display in IP07 print preview. To be precise, I applied conditional formatting to a text box. The text box background color turns red when a particular condition is met. In preview mode, the text displays red; in print preview, it doesn't.

Have you or anyone experienced this? In order to determine the problem was not peculiar to my form, I opened a second form template and added a text box control and made the shading yellow. Again, in preview mode the yellow background displays. But in print preview, the background is white (or neutral). I even printed the form to see if the yellow background would print--it didn't.

• 11-09-2009 11:33 AM In reply to

• Poldy
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 09-16-2009
    • Posts 7

I found the answer to my own question: Tools, Options, General (tab), and select the Print background colors and pictures checkbox.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2014 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.