Form not submitting - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Form not submitting

Last post 10-25-2018 07:41 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-24-2018 11:47 AM

Form not submitting

Hello,

I submitted a similar issue a long time back (didn't know if I should continue that thread or open a new post), but looked to be resolved. Now I have it come up again and the previous "fix" is not the cause.

What's happening is I cannot submit a new form unless a current form is open or I save the new form first then submit (sometimes I have to close and re-open for the submission to work, but not every time). So I'm trying to troubleshoot why a new form is having issues submitting. Let me know if there is something I am missing.

Thanks,

Frankie D. 

• 10-24-2018 12:11 PM In reply to

What's the error you get when you try to submit? Can I see your template - you can attach it under the Options tab in a reply....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-24-2018 12:37 PM In reply to

Hi,

Below is the error I receive.  

InfoPath cannot submit the form.
    An error occurred while the form was being submitted.
    The form cannot be submitted to the following location: https://twdc.sharepoint.com/sites/WDPR-dclrecruiting/entertainment/DCL Entertainment - Cast/Sand Box/Candidate Tracking/12345 - 2018-10-24T15_34_24.xml
    The site may be offline, read-only, or otherwise unavailable.
    Access Denied. Before opening files in this location, you must first add the web site to your trusted sites list, browse to the web site, and select the option to login automatically.

Once the form is saved, I can submit. Or if I open a current form (same template), I am then able to submit (without saving the form).

* template attached

Thanks again! 

• 10-24-2018 12:45 PM In reply to

Silly question - you do have the SharePoint site in your trusted sites in Internet Explorer and you have selected the option to log in automatically? :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-24-2018 01:18 PM In reply to

Correct. That was the fix I had in my previous question from some time ago. But for some reason, it seems that is not the case this time. The error has "evolved" . . . . lol.

So yes, the SharePoint site is in my trusted sites and I do have the option checked to "remember me"/ Log in Automatically.  

• 10-24-2018 03:25 PM In reply to

Yick. So - do other users have the same issue? Do you have the same issue w/ other forms? The basic submit setup looks right. Do you use Fiddler at all? You might be able to run a Fiddler trace and get more info on what's going on....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-25-2018 06:34 AM In reply to

Hello again. It is all user I have checked (about a fourth of our team). And no, I do not use Fiddler - what is that? I mocked up a new form (just a test) to see if I get the same error, and I do receive it. I just threw one together, so might have other errors, but it is a basic form - just a title to submit.

• 10-25-2018 07:41 AM In reply to

Fiddler can be used to see web traffic from your machine - but if this same issue is affecting everyone you've checked with, you might want to consider opening a support ticket with Microsoft from your SharePoint Online Admin portal.This is in InfoPath Filler, right?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.