Formatting using Position() hack only works in Filler form, not in browser - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Formatting using Position() hack only works in Filler form, not in browser

Last post 10-11-2018 07:56 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-11-2018 06:55 AM

Formatting using Position() hack only works in Filler form, not in browser

I am modifying the list form for a list of teams, stored in SharePoint 365 (cloud.) The form also has a secondary connection to another list, and uses a Form Load rule to query that list and pull items related to the team. I then display the query results in a repeating table.

I wanted to implement alternate-row formatting (banding) to the repeating table, so I used the 'position() mod 2 = 1' tip found many places online.

What I notice is that the technique seems only to work when opening the form in the IP Filler app; when I use the form in the browser, a calculated control that I placed on each row to display the 'position()' value always returns '1', and all rows are the same color.

Is this a know bug or limit with SP 365, or perhaps a known, rookie mistake on my part? Is there any other possible way to dynamically apply that type of shading/banding to a repeating table?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Boonie
  • 10-11-2018 07:56 AM In reply to

Re: Formatting using Position() hack only works in Filler form, not in browser

Use count of preceding-sibling to work around this: count(preceding-sibling::d:SharePointListItem_RW) mod 2 = 1 should work since your secondary data source is a list.....
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.