Infopath form with repeating table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath form with repeating table

Last post 10-12-2018 05:06 AM by Heste. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-04-2018 03:28 AM

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 14

Infopath form with repeating table

I have an infopath form developed on a list with a repeating table. The form have 2 data connections to the same list. (one is secondary) It is build for a budget. You select the project number, and the different expenses for that project is displayed. Then you can add another expense. The expenses (Item column) is in different groups, Resources, Consultants, Travel, ect. A thrid datasource retreive the resources from the resource list that contains their rate per hour. I'm having trouble with 2 items on the form: 1. I need to subtotal all the different type of expenses, all expenses are listed in the budget's repeating table and at the bottom I have 3 lines for Subtotal - Resources, Subtotal - Consultants and Subtotal - Travel. How do I calculate those fields, in other words I need to sum all amounts where item=resources, ect? 2. When I select resource from the item column, the data connection to the resource list should query the resource list and in the designation field populate the different designations, and based on the selected designation, populate the hourly tariff field. How do I accomplish that? Your help will be much appreciated :-)
  • 10-08-2018 08:05 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath form with repeating table

I'm wondering if this sample form might not help you: http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/examples/entry41116.aspx
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-09-2018 12:43 AM In reply to

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 14

Thanks Hillary, but my problem is, the list is a repeating table and the Item Type is a lookup field. When I enter the fx function, it returns '0' although there are items in the Item Type column/field. This is how my fx looks like: sum(Total[Item = "Resources"])
  • 10-09-2018 07:56 AM In reply to

Any chance I can see your form? You can attach it under Options in a reply.... my guess is that the actual value for "Item" is going to be an ID, not a text value.... since it's a lookup. You may have to get the ID from the secondary data source providing the values to the lookup.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-10-2018 03:45 AM In reply to

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 14

Hi Hillary, here's my form. You're right, it should change to the ID, and the ID for 'Resources' is 5. You'll see on the form next to 'Resources' a calculated field, that is where I'm trying to add the totals where Item Type = Resources. I need to repeat that for all the Reimbursables and sub consultants as well. But if you can guide me on the correct formula to use, I can do it for the others.
  • 10-10-2018 10:12 AM In reply to

Try this one.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-10-2018 10:20 PM In reply to

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 14

Thank you Hillary, it seems we're on the track to the solution. But it only shows the sum of the current 'Resources' field you're in, it does not show the sum of all Totals where all Item Types = Resources. (I use Job No 3 for testing, it has 3 resources.)
  • 10-11-2018 07:41 AM In reply to

Ah- that is because the total field being used for the sum function was not from the secondary data source (I think). Try this.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-12-2018 05:06 AM In reply to

• Heste
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-29-2018
    • Windhoek, Namibia
    • Posts 14

Awesome - it works perfectly!! Thank you so much Hilary
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.