Email Notifications from SharePoint List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Email Notifications from SharePoint List

Last post 10-10-2018 10:01 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-03-2018 10:37 AM

• dee_gee
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-02-2018
    • New York
    • Posts 2

Email Notifications from SharePoint List

Hi, I have searched the site but have not been able to find a clear solution to what I am looking for. Please bare with me here, I am fairly new to InfoPath as well. I created an InfoPath form to be used in place of a SharePoint List library form. In the InfoPath form I setup to generate an email to a Distribution List. The email generation is working perfectly, almost too good though. An email is generated when a new item is created and on every subsequent save/edit of that item. I am looking for a way to have only the initial creatation generate the email notification and not the subsequent saves. I have attached the *.XSN file if it helps. Thanks Dave
    Filed under: , ,
  • 10-10-2018 05:50 AM In reply to

• dee_gee
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-02-2018
    • New York
    • Posts 2

Re: Email Notifications from SharePoint List

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to solve this issue? I'm going to continue to play around and see what I an come up with, but I keep coming up short. Thanks again for your help.
  • 10-10-2018 10:01 AM In reply to

Re: Email Notifications from SharePoint List

I'd change the submit rules - right now you always submit to the list and to email. You need a helper field - for example, you could add a status field, and set it to submitted on the first submit, then have your rule to send email only run if status != submitted.... does that make sense?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.