Formatting Rules on Repeating Table within Multiple Item Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Formatting Rules on Repeating Table within Multiple Item Form

Last post 10-05-2018 01:28 AM by caladanbrood. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2018 07:49 AM

Formatting Rules on Repeating Table within Multiple Item Form

Hi, I've often been able to find solutions for my Infopath issues on these forums, but I've finally come across a problem which I can't find any answer for. I am using a multi-item Infopath 2010 form with a SharePoint list. Within the form, I have some static sections (using preceding-sibling rules to make it look like they're not changing to the end user), and one insertable section. This all works fine. The issue I have is around the following: I have repeating tables within the insertable section linked to another list. I have a concatenated text string (my:SectionClauses, which is a double-eval string using the syntax: " ",ID,"¬ ") which defines which items in the repeating table I want to appear. I am using a repeating table because I need to have a button which the user can use to remove each specific item from the table if it is not relevant to the section. I put a rule on the table to Hide when Section Clauses does not contain concat(" ",ID,"¬"). This works fine, but only if I don't insert another section. When I add a second section, the repeating table looks at my:SectionClauses from the first section... Although my:SectionClauses are filling correctly for each new item inserted, the formatting rules for the table are not working correctly. I've attached a screenshot which hopefully shows the relevant parts. Have I missed something obvious? Is there another useful xpath phrase like preceding-sibling which might sort this out for me, to force the formatting to look at the node it sits within?
  • 10-02-2018 09:06 AM In reply to

Re: Formatting Rules on Repeating Table within Multiple Item Form

Any chance you can attach a copy of your form in a reply (under the Options tab)?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 10-05-2018 01:28 AM In reply to

Re: Formatting Rules on Repeating Table within Multiple Item Form

Hi Hilary, I've moved on a bit from where I was, and sorted out this specific issue by changing the repeating table to a drop-down list which triggers a separate data connection. However, the same issue still applies to the findings displayed in the bottom section of the form. I've attached it so you can take a look. Thanks, Jon
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.