InfoPath form not working after migration to 2013 and first edit.... - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath form not working after migration to 2013 and first edit....

Last post 09-18-2018 08:16 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2018 07:47 AM

InfoPath form not working after migration to 2013 and first edit....

Hi All,

I have a simple form running in 2010.  It is a InfoPath form library form, which reads data from a separate SharePoint List, and then on submit uses a Q-rules rule and mapping.xml to write to the same list.

I have used Sharegate to copy the site to 2013.  Miraculously (iho) the migrated form, when opened reads from the correct newly migrated list.  But the mapping.xml is obviously incorrect and still refers to the old list.

I have edited the template.xsn and updated the mapping.xml.  The publish of the file goes ok but when I try and open the form I get the following. 

"The custom code in the form cannot be run because the solution has been deactivated in the solution gallery - for more information contact the site collection administrator" (which is me! lol and I am confused)

The form ran before the change to mapping.xml but not after.

I have re-migrated the form library and just changed a word in the view - and on republish I get the same error.

So the problem seems to be when I republish a form which is already working in 2013.

Any ideas please.  This is the first of many forms I will have to migrate.

Catharine 

• 09-14-2018 08:14 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath form not working after migration to 2013 and first edit....

When you migrated the form you didn't publish it, right? Does your form use any other qRules commands? Is the sandbox enabled on the site collection? Here's a simple form with code - can you try to publish it and see if it works in the browser for you? You'll get a prompt asking you to point it to its source code - you can click "Ignore" on that.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-14-2018 09:45 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary !!

I have taken the attached form and published it to a new form library on the  2013 server and it opens fine.(I didn't get the prompt asking for the source code.)

Catharine 

• 09-14-2018 09:59 AM In reply to

And when you click the button, the code executes without errors?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-14-2018 04:17 PM In reply to

Also - what happens with a new blank form w/ qRules published to a new library? I'm not sure what's going wrong in your new site, just making troubleshooting guesses. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-17-2018 02:51 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary - I have clicked the button and nothing happens (no errors - but nothing else) - I cannot see any rules associated with the button.

Catharine 

• 09-17-2018 02:54 AM In reply to

I have created a blank form with one button - no q-rules.  The button concatenates the value of field one with the value in field two.  I have published that to a new form library in 2013 and it works fine.

Catharine 

• 09-17-2018 07:34 AM In reply to

Does your button use code? That's what I'm trying to find out here - if code works in your new environment. The form I sent has code on the button to populate the text field with a GUID.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-17-2018 08:03 AM In reply to

Hi  - no my button doesn't have code just ordinary rules.

When I click on the button on the form nothing happens - no guid - but no error.

Catharine 

• 09-17-2018 08:11 AM In reply to

Did you have a chance to try a new, blank qRules form published to a library? I'm at a loss here - I'd assumed the form with code would also throw an error. Does the GUID get populated in preview in the form with code?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-18-2018 01:58 AM In reply to

When I downloaded the form you attached and ran it in preview from my laptop, clicking the button gives a guid.

When I publish that form to an existing form library - it gets published, (I have added some free text just to make sure.)  But when I then Open the form and click the button nothing happens. - No error, no guid.

I have created a form which has qrules injected in it but q rules are not used and published that to an existing library.  There is a button on the form which just uses rules and that works correctly when published.

In summary (cos I am getting confused....)

- Test Form with no q rules and button with rules works correctly when published.

- Test Form with q rules injected and button with ordinary rules works correctly when published.

- Test Form with q rules injected and button using q-rules to generate guid works  correctly when published.

- Form from you generates guid when previewed on laptop. Does not work when published to SharePoint (no error.)

- Original form - no "code" just qrules gives errors.

Phew....  

• 09-18-2018 08:16 AM In reply to

Ok - so this is interesting: "Test Form with q rules injected and button using q-rules to generate guid works correctly when published." That makes it sound like there is something specific with the original form. Is there anything of interest in the SharePoint log files when that form errors?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.