Cascading Drop-down Value not Auto-populating Additional Fields - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Cascading Drop-down Value not Auto-populating Additional Fields

Last post 09-14-2018 09:31 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 17 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-13-2018 03:03 PM In reply to

Re: Cascading Drop-down Value not Auto-populating Additional Fields

Looks like you may also need to match on country, right? Because the payment terms seem to differ according to country and sales org. However, for matching on just sales org, your XPath looks right.... Are you always getting Net 30? Or whatever the first item in the list is?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-14-2018 09:24 AM In reply to

The reality of the situation is that many of these fields are country driven, since there is a many to one relationship between Country and Sales Org, as you can see by the screenshot displaying so many Puerto Rico Sales Orgs for Latin American countries.  To answer your question, after conferring with another team member, I modified Payment_Terms, Inco_Terms1, Inco_terms2, and Shipping_Conditions for the screenshot, in case there is sensitive Sales Territory information here.  For the sake of this exercise, the values in all columns can potentially vary by country.  I am still hoping that filtering by Sales Org is a viable option?  Or do I need to filter on Country now?

-Jake

-Jake

Factum est illud, fieri infectum non potest. (The Onion)

• 09-14-2018 09:31 AM In reply to

You need to filter on both, I think, looking at your data. You could probably set the country query field in your new list data connection and query that when the user changes the country, in order to only return data pertinent to that country. Then in your XPath for your rules to set field values you could add the Sales Org filter.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 2 of 2 (18 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.