ticked checkboxes return a 'no' value in sharepoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

ticked checkboxes return a 'no' value in sharepoint list

Last post 09-20-2018 01:28 AM by Kenny. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-11-2018 08:32 AM

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2017
    • Posts 20

ticked checkboxes return a 'no' value in sharepoint list

Hi, 

I have a form with 2 checkboxes which are unticked by default. This form feeds data to a sharepoint 2013 list. I expected the value in sharepoint to be 'yes' when the checkboxes are clicked but no matter what I do, they always return as 'No'.

Why does this happen and how can I fix this?

Thanks

Kenny

• 09-14-2018 04:19 PM In reply to

Re: ticked checkboxes return a 'no' value in sharepoint list

So this is a list form? I'd check the properties on the checkbox controls, first. I'd also drag the data fields that are bound to the checkboxes onto the form, and change the control to text boxes or calculated values so I could see the actual data value of the field....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-17-2018 07:54 AM In reply to

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2017
    • Posts 20

Hi, yes this is a SharePoint list form.

When I drag the check boxes in and change the controls it reads 'false'.

In the SharePoint list - I have two columns both are yes/no (checkbox) types defaulting as no. However whatever I do in the form - tick or don't tick, the data always shows 'no' in the sharepoint list. It's like the data is not being communicated between the two systems somehow....

• 09-17-2018 08:00 AM In reply to

I'd be happy to take a quick look at your form if you want to attach it to a reply (under the Options tab)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-17-2018 08:06 AM In reply to

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2017
    • Posts 20

Thank you.  I have attached the form just now.

Also - you explained this to me months back but I cannot work out how it was done again or find your answer, sorry!  When a user selects a school from the drop-down I want the named person to pre-populate from another sharepoint list.

• 09-17-2018 08:15 AM In reply to

Ok, I can probably help with that too. When you submit the form, all values are updated except the fields associated w/ the checkboxes?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-17-2018 08:18 AM In reply to

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2017
    • Posts 20

yes the other fields update fine, it's just the checkboxes where I seem to have an issue, it always just says 'no' for those.

• 09-17-2018 08:58 AM In reply to

That's really odd. Form looks fine. Maybe try refreshing the fields (see screenshot)? There isn't any workflow on the list that might be changing these?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-18-2018 02:34 AM In reply to

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2017
    • Posts 20

Hi, I have tried refreshing the fields, saving and republishing but it hasn't changed anything. There are no workflows or rules on this form yet, its just a basic list form connected to a sharepoint 2013 list.

I will try recreating a new form from the list and see if the issue happens again..

• 09-18-2018 08:17 AM In reply to

Yah, I'd try that next and see if the form correctly updates those fields on submit.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-18-2018 08:24 AM In reply to

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2017
    • Posts 20

I created a very simple new form with a two checkboxes and it worked fine, returned yes for checked no for unchecked.

However, then I went back and recreated a new version of the original form with all the other fields and when I tested it the check boxes no longer worked - returned value 'no' every time.

• 09-18-2018 02:18 PM In reply to

And your new form used the same list & columns?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-19-2018 01:18 AM In reply to

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2017
    • Posts 20

Yes, exactly the same but I started again with a new list in case there was a bug in the original list but added identical columns to the original.

Apart from the 2 check boxes almost all are single line text boxes, there is also a choice field and a text box. Nothing fancy going on. I also removed the 'required' option for any fields that had them but it made no difference.

Screenshot of SP list attached.

So it seems like check boxes work in a very simple form but not when more fields are added? Can you replicate this?

• 09-19-2018 08:05 AM In reply to

I'm using Office 365 instead of an on-prem server, but can't replicate this. I have a list with a lot of different column types - I added two Y/N fields. I customized in InfoPath, and my checkboxes worked as anticipated.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-20-2018 01:28 AM In reply to

• Kenny
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 12-13-2017
    • Posts 20

I'm also using O365 Online, have asked a fellow colleague to test in our SP farm to see if it's replicated..

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.