Third cascading drop down list - from sql table - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Third cascading drop down list - from sql table

Last post 09-17-2018 11:01 AM by maxmum. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-10-2018 02:03 AM

• maxmum
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2018
    • Posts 9

Third cascading drop down list - from sql table

Hello,

I have successfully set up a sql connection to a table that has three columns, column one feeds through into an InfoPath drop down list - fine no problem, the second column which is dependant on what is selected in the first column also feeds through fine (filtered). I cannot however get the third list, which is also to be a cascading list (as I understand they are called) to work. I have followed the same procedure as I did with the second cascading list but nothing appeared in the third list at all/

For example in the sql table I have  three columns: Network, Service and Team.

Select a certain network in list one, you get the appropriate services in list 2 to choose from,  but then that should also apply to list three - it should filter the results to return all teams with a certain Network and service selected.

Thanks in advance for any info to help me figure it out!

Rebecca 

• 09-10-2018 11:02 PM In reply to

• maxmum
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2018
    • Posts 9

Re: Third cascading drop down list - from sql table

Hi,

Bump for any help please? Have I posted in the wrong place or is this just not achievable on InfoPath? 

Thanks in advance 

• 09-11-2018 07:51 AM In reply to

Well - there isn't any restriction on the number of cascading dropdowns, so I'd suspect the issue is with the filter you have on your third dropdown. Can you attach a copy of your form under the Options tab in a reply so I can see what you've got for a filter?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-14-2018 02:14 AM In reply to

• maxmum
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2018
    • Posts 9

Hi I can't find an options tab on here or anywhere to upload a file. Can you see this screenshot? So sorry I am a newbie.

• 09-14-2018 02:15 AM In reply to

• maxmum
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2018
    • Posts 9

It won't let me attach or post a picture, it is 'exisiting filters:

network = Network and service = service 

• 09-14-2018 08:09 AM In reply to

When you click Reply there should be an options tab - see screenshot. If you change the first dropdown in each of your conditions to "the expression" the full XPath will display. Can you paste that into a reply?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-17-2018 02:29 AM In reply to

• maxmum
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2018
    • Posts 9

Fantastic thank you for the instructions. I think I have attached it now.

• 09-17-2018 07:46 AM In reply to

Your filters look right. The issue is how you've configured your dropdowns, I think. Right now, you have the value and display set so that the Service dropdown will store a Network value, and the Team dropdown will store a Service value. That is why your filter on Team isn't working - the value stored in Service is going to be a Network, so the comparison to Service on Team will not be correct. I've changed that in the attached copy of your template. Right click the linked file, save it locally. Right click the locally saved XSN and select Design to open the form in Design mode. Then you can preview it and give it a try.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 09-17-2018 11:01 AM In reply to

• maxmum
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-31-2018
    • Posts 9

Thank you I will try that tomorrow!
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.