Infopath 2013 - Load form by passing date value to the list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath 2013 - Load form by passing date value to the list

Last post 08-17-2018 05:51 AM by mahekp. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-06-2018 04:29 AM

• mahekp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-02-2018
    • Posts 2

Infopath 2013 - Load form by passing date value to the list

Hi Folks,

I am new to InfoPath and have build a list based form which has 3 views and repeating sections. It is a timesheet which user fills every week.

Use of the Form :

1. User opens the form.

2. Adds the activity performed based on cascading drop downs and some free text along with week ending date as Friday.

3. Adds any repeating section fields ( can be 1 or more than 1 depending on the user entry)

4. Submits the form.

5. This activity is to be repeated every week. 

My Ask :

1. Have a 'Copy Last Submitted entries' button on the form.

2. On clicking it, it will populate all the fields along with the repeating sections by querying the list data based on the username and last submitted week ending date.

3. Users edits the week ending date and other fields and re-submits the form for current time ( saves time for the user to not put all entries again ) .

Challenges faced :

1. How do I copy all the records that were submitted by the user last time ?

2. How will the repeating sections populate that data ?

3. There will be users who have not submitted last week, so form needs to populate the last submitted data.

Any help is much appreciated. 

Regards,

Mahek P 

Filed under:
  • 08-15-2018 09:19 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath 2013 - Load form by passing date value to the list

Well, since this is a list form, we can't use code.... I wonder if you could query for the user's prior entries in the main data source and clear the ID field in order to have it generate new entries. I've not tried that, but it might work. I guess if I were going to try this, first I'd add a query to get prior entries for the user. Since we can only use equivalence for query fields with a regular query, I'd keep that small, just returning the week ending date (for example) for the user, sorted by week ending date desc. Then that would mean I could use the first value in that returned data as my equivalence to get back all the data for that week, so I'd set the main data source query fields to the current user, and the week ending date to the first one returned with the query outlined above. Query the main DS - now you should have those entries loaded into the form. Then add a rule to set the ID field to blank - see if that creates new entries. Of course, you need to try this a test environment, if this list form is already in production.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-17-2018 05:51 AM In reply to

• mahekp
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-02-2018
    • Posts 2

Re: Infopath 2013 - Load form by passing date value to the list

Thanks Hilary.

Been trying for days now, but no luck.

Will the below solution work :

1. Add copy button to the existing form which when clicked will open a web based form, which I could use it to load all the previous week's entries of the user ?

Or

Any way where I can load the entries in a view mode like a table which user can use as a reference of what was filled out .

Regards,

Mahek Patel 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.