Editing an existing form best practice/closing a form after editing. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Editing an existing form best practice/closing a form after editing.

Last post 08-06-2018 08:30 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-06-2018 02:02 AM

Editing an existing form best practice/closing a form after editing.

I have a SP form library and I need to enable users to edit existing forms. I've got it working where users can open a form, edit and save. Fine, but the fine doesn't close after it's edited. How can I close the form after it's been edited OR is there a better, smarter way of doing this?
  • 08-06-2018 07:59 AM In reply to

Re: Editing an existing form best practice/closing a form after editing.

Do your users use the ribbon to save the edited form? We usually hide the ribbon or disable save / save as and don't show the submit button, then just put buttons on the form to submit so that we can have a close rule.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 08-06-2018 08:13 AM In reply to

Thanks Hilary. The problem I was having with the submit was that it was creating a new separate form instead of editing an existing one, but now I'm thinking the way around this is allowing the form to be overwritten?  

• 08-06-2018 08:30 AM In reply to

Yes, set submit to overwrite and make sure whatever you are using for your form name is going to stay stable (i.e. don't use a function with now in it or something). If you want the datetime in the form name, have a field in your form for that and a rule that sets it only when blank, so it only gets set the first submit.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.