Using InfoPath to create a form that generates multiple entries on a SharePoint list - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Using InfoPath to create a form that generates multiple entries on a SharePoint list

Last post 07-24-2018 08:41 AM by Maddie. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-24-2018 08:41 AM

• Maddie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-19-2018
    • Posts 4

Using InfoPath to create a form that generates multiple entries on a SharePoint list

I am trying to create a Data Entry Form on a SharePoint list using InfoPath to customize the form. I need there to be an option to add more data which should submit the form and open a new form that automatically populates the top fields (circled in red in the attached picture) with the data from the previous form.

Currently, I am circling between two views containing the same form. When the user wants to enter more data, the user clicks "Add more pitch data" which is a button that has rules set to submit the form, save the top fields, clear the bottom fields, and change views. This sequence of rules works however, once the user fills out the form on the second view, the data from the first form is overwritten and only the last form shows up on the SharePoint list. I believe this issue has something to do with the ID field not being incremented until the form is closed.

I have also tried to do this a similar way but using repeating tables instead of changing views. In that case, I cannot figure out how to set the default values of the top fields with the previously entered data.

My goal is to be able to have multiple lines of data generated by one data entry with the top fields having the same values and the bottom fields subject to change.

If anyone has any knowledge of how I may solve this issue please let me know!

Thank you!

Here is the link to the SharePoint site so you may see an example of the past entries.

http://sitebuilder2/crdm/MECC/ede/Lists/DataEntryProd/AllItems.aspx 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.