InfoPath forms are narrow in Win10 - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath forms are narrow in Win10

Last post 07-24-2018 12:57 PM by Deeayrian. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-19-2018 03:12 PM

InfoPath forms are narrow in Win10

Our InfoPath forms are not browser forms.  We view them in Office 10 & Office 13 InfoPath filler.  When we open them on any Win10 machine, the form width becomes very narrow and all of the text is smooshed together.

I have changed the scaling settings in Win10 and also tried to turn off DPI scaling for InfoPath but the areas to do that in were not available on my pc.

Please I hope you have  solution for this.  We are moving all users over to Win10 and our forms are extremely hard to work in this way (not to mention they look so ugly & unprofessional)

Screenshot attached

Thank you in advance 

• 07-20-2018 02:59 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath forms are narrow in Win10

I don't see a screenshot attached - you can add one under the Options tab in a reply. I have had issues before with something similar, but usually only when I've been unplugging my external monitor while IP is open. I'm assuming this happens on more computer than just yours?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-23-2018 06:24 AM In reply to

Sorry about that, it looks like my previous embedded image doesn't work.
    Yes, this issue is happening on every computer that is using Win10, regardless of it is connected to an external monitor.

• 07-23-2018 07:59 AM In reply to

Can you attach one of the templates? I want to open it in design mode on my machine & see if I have the same issue - that may help us figure out what to compare. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-23-2018 09:09 AM In reply to

Can I email it to you? If yes, what's your email address?   I'd rather not post all the data connections and such to this public post.
    Thank you.

• 07-24-2018 12:57 PM In reply to

The fix ended up changing the scaling to 100.  My first attempts of that, I thought didn't work because I didn't sign off after I changed the setting.  However after I signed off the InfoPath form displayed correctly...HOWEVER everything is very small!  I am simply using a regular 15" laptop and the apps icons, text etc is all extremely small. I can read it because my eyes are still good, but the majority of people here won't be able to.  Turning on compatibility per program didn't work either.  After searching online, it appears that the super small icons/font is an issue for most people and there is no fix for it except to increase the scaling, which then turns the InfoPath forms into garbage.

We will be moving into O365 next year. I think for now I will simply create a 2nd wider view in each of our existing forms and place a button at the top of the form, allowing the user to switch to the wider view when needed.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.