Automatic Checkout isn't checking out - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Automatic Checkout isn't checking out

Last post 07-25-2018 10:42 AM by Laurie Wheeler. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2018 08:54 AM

Automatic Checkout isn't checking out

I have a Browser form. We have SharePoint 2013 Onpremise, using claims authentication. I'm using InfoPath 2013. Using Hilary's post: http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/hilary/archive/2010/11/10/check-that-form-out-or-in-automatically.aspx I am able to add the data connections, which has to converted to udcx files. I have not modified them at all. I can submit a form, and open a form... when I open them, I do not get any errors... and the file isn't getting checked out either. my checkout result from the data connection is 'false'. If I manually check a file out, and open the form, that checkout result is still false. I'm not sure if the cause is the data connection file is missing the credientials for the secure store (I have not modified the udcx file) or if the rules setting the data connection parameters are bad. Any ideas?
    Laurie Wheeler
  • 07-19-2018 10:53 AM In reply to

Re: Automatic Checkout isn't checking out

To troubleshoot, I'd probably put the query fields on the form temporarily, and add a button to execute the query - see what happens?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-25-2018 04:25 AM In reply to

In short... nothing happens.  This form already has qRules 7.2 injected into it.  Can qRules be used to checkout/in the form?  If so, how do you do it.  You send me the documentation for v7.2, but I didn't see anything regarding that in the docs.

Laurie Wheeler
  • 07-25-2018 09:23 AM In reply to

The automatic checkout blog post you referenced doesn't use qRules? So - you put the query fields on the form, populate them, and click the button - nothing is returned in the data fields at all? May I see your form?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-25-2018 09:37 AM In reply to

I'm sorry, I see your form is attached to your first post. I'll take a look.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-25-2018 09:42 AM In reply to

I see you are setting last modified in the query params. The MSDN docs say: If this parameter contains a value, the server compares the submitted lastModified value with the stored lastModified value. If the values do not match, the check-out fails and this method returns false. Since you are setting that param to now(), that may be what is causing the failure.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-25-2018 10:42 AM In reply to

I'll remove the setting of that parameter and see if that fixes the form. Setting the CheckoutToLocal to "true()" throw an error, but setting it to "true" seemed to be OK. That makes sense. Your instructions didn't have that being set, but another post from Yash Goel (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/yashgoel-msft/2015/01/12/automatic-checkout-check-in-in-infopath-2013-with-sharepoint-2013/) indicated it did need set, although he set it to blank. Also, setting the CheckOutToLocal to "true()" throws an error as your post instruction has, but setting it to just "true" is OK. I had another post (http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/31152/106165.aspx#106165 ) from a while back that Patrick Halstead replied to asking why I just didn't create a form field with rule logic instead. I really don't require checking the form out, we just have to know who has it open.... and adding a couple extra rules when the form loans allows it to open to a 'view only' so that other users cannot edit it. Not sure if you remember, the BIG 12+views, so large I have to deploy it from the server because of all of the rules that also has qRules 7.2 injectected for file attachments, form we have (Change Management)…. it is that beast. We are finally going to production with it after 2 years. But, this little hurtle of knowing who has the form open.. it's a show stopper on browser enabled forms. Since this form already has the data connections into userprofileservice for signatures, I opt'd to go the route of a couple extra onload rules to render the form 'view only' if someone else has the form open - we really don't need to have it checked out/in automatically. Having said that, I want to get this to working in our environment.... I have other situations, on smaller forms were this will be needed. I'll review the parameters again on this smaller form... and try it... and let you know what the result is and send the form.
    Laurie Wheeler
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.