Restrict multiple submissions of an infopath form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Restrict multiple submissions of an infopath form

Last post 07-13-2018 10:51 AM by pnjaaga. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2018 03:52 AM

Restrict multiple submissions of an infopath form

I have an infopath form that is published to SharePoint. It requires users to submit their actions (approve/reject,etc) and trigger a workflow. The problem is that once an approver receives the email to approve/reject the form they can access the form and submit it over and over and each time it would trigger a new workflow. A form ends up having multiple submissions. How do I restrict submission to only once and if someone tries to resubmit the submit button would be hidden/disabled and an alert saying that the form is already submitted. How do I achieve this?
  • 07-13-2018 08:16 AM In reply to

Re: Restrict multiple submissions of an infopath form

I would add a status field to the main data source (doesn't have to show on the form) and set it to "Submitted" when the form is initially submitted. Then you can leverage that field for hiding or disabling the submit button, blocking submit via a rule condition, prevent the workflow from running via a condition, and so on.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-13-2018 10:51 AM In reply to

Re: Restrict multiple submissions of an infopath form

Thanks for your reply. I had done the following but still the form is accepting multiple submissions. This is what I have done: 1. Created a Submit Status field on the main data source and had it hidden. 2. For each submit button in the approval view, I have created a rule to set the Submit Status field to 'submitted' when the button is submitted. 3. Promoted the Submit Status field to a column in the form library. 4. Created a rule on the submit button to hide the button if submit status field is equal to submitted. The rule runs before the submit to form library action/rule. 5. Added a form load rule to check submit status column in form library (query secondary data) and then created a view to notify that the form is already submitted. For some reason, all this is not working. For some reason, the submit status column in the SharePoint library is blank and does not display "Submitted" Please help
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.