How to clear and re-hide a control - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to clear and re-hide a control

Last post 07-16-2018 08:25 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-10-2018 07:57 PM

• Gerri
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2018
    • Posts 2

How to clear and re-hide a control

Hello,

Sorry if this has already been answered - I found the posting about clearing info helpful : http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/t/38326.aspx.  How would we re-hide a control after it has been cleared?

We have a nice form with 3 rows (like parent - child - grandchild):

Level 1 - one multi select control showing

Level 2 - several multi select controls hidden

Level 3 - several multi select controls hidden

1st row has "Level 1" control multi select.  Next two rows have hidden multi selects.  Once "Level 1" multi select selected, 2nd row shows the correct multi select control based on answer Level 1 choice.  Excellent!  Now 2nd multi select choice made and the correct 3rd row multi select control shows up.  Perfect!  User can choose appropriate choice.

Now user changes their mind and goes back to "Level 1" and makes different choice.  All still good.  When new, different (and correct) "Level 2" choice now made then oh oh - we see 2 controls for "Level 3" - the intial Level 3 control and the new Level 3 control (both blank - though, that part is good).  How can we re-hide the initial Level 3 control?

Many Thanks.

Gerri 

• 07-13-2018 08:19 AM In reply to

Re: How to clear and re-hide a control

This really depends on your formatting conditions. Any chance you can attach a copy of the form under the Options tab in a reply?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-13-2018 06:56 PM In reply to

• Gerri
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 07-09-2018
    • Posts 2

Thank you for helping. I've pared it down to just the essentials. - please aim for the Business Capabilities area.  Choice 2 depends on choice 1.  Choice 3 depends on choice 2 but if any changes are made, can't seem to "re-hide" choice 3 field.  Thanks again :) 

• 07-16-2018 08:25 AM In reply to

Re: How to clear and re-hide a control

When you change business level 0, you need to add rules to set all the fields bound to dropdowns for level 1 to blank. You need rules on all the fields for dropdowns for level 1 to set the respective dropdowns for level 2 to blank. You need to double check all your conditional formatting - I see some rules that aren't resolving correctly (likely due to a schema change). In general, you have chosen a very difficult design. Do you really want all these different fields? I would have used another list for the options for the dropdowns so I could have created cascading dropdowns using XPath filters in the form instead - I think that would be easier to maintain.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.