InfoPath 2010, Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section to a SharePoint List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath 2010, Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section to a SharePoint List

Last post 07-06-2018 04:07 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-05-2018 12:56 PM

InfoPath 2010, Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section to a SharePoint List

I'm new to InfoPath and trying to create a form that will allow a repeating table within a repeating section (see attached) inside of a SharePoint list. We are taking inventory of all the departments processes in all the different regions. At first I wanted to be able to use a multi selection box for systems but it gave me an error that you cannot use that function for repeating tables.

I'm also trying to get default fields for the drop down lists to be similar to SharePoint drop down where you can assign a default, but I think since I'm using a Lookup field that this option is no longer available.

Please help if you can. Step by step instructions would be helpful. Thank you!

• 07-06-2018 10:34 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2010, Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section to a SharePoint List

Nested repeating data won't work w/ a list for the data store. You could instead use conditional formatting to only display the data that would be the same for all items one time, but you won't be able to have a repeating table in a repeating section like this. If both region and system were multiselect, you could have both of them in your section .... but you won't have any way to connect the region to the system.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 07-06-2018 12:02 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2010, Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section to a SharePoint List

Oh ok ... may I ask how this is different from a previous question with the attached? Just wondering if this is because its attached to a SharePoint list?

http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/31336/106915.aspx 

• 07-06-2018 04:07 PM In reply to

Yup. Your data source is a SharePoint List. They don't support nested repeating data like the question you've referenced. The post you've referenced is using a regular InfoPath form that submits XML to a form library - those are more flexible.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.