Sending emails using people picker to multiple people - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Sending emails using people picker to multiple people

Last post 06-12-2018 07:51 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2018 02:56 AM

Sending emails using people picker to multiple people

I recently needed to have a form send emails to multiple users selected from the people picker tool. The first issue I had was the accounted had lots of unwanted and unhelpful text within i.e i:0#.w|domain\MUDID;

Doing some searching I found a code to strip out the unwanted bits and just leave the MUDID, semi colon separated,  I used this and it didn't resolve the names when sent, so it needed the email added to the accountid to work, so MUDID@email.com

The code strips out the beginning characters so 18 characters removes everything up to the MUDID from the example above and then appends the email part to the remaining MUDID separated by semi colons

eval(eval(eval(AccountId, "substring(., 18)"), 'concat(., "@email.com;")'), "..") 

This gives the following in a text box i.e person1@email.com;person2@email.com;person3@email.com

I tried up to 13 names in the people picker and then used this field as the To in an email connection and all people received an email, you may have to start with 0 instead of 18 in the code and then adjust to strip out all the unnecessary text 

• 06-12-2018 07:51 AM In reply to

Re: Sending emails using people picker to multiple people

Thanks for posting this! I think you could have also used substring-after to get just the user email info.... and I'm wondering if the third eval is necessary or if this could have been done w/ a formula inside the concat?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.