Copy/Paste to Rich Text fields - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Copy/Paste to Rich Text fields

Last post 06-08-2018 09:09 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2018 07:51 AM

Copy/Paste to Rich Text fields

I am trying to copy/paste generic text from multiple cells in EXCEL into Rich Text fields inside an InfoPath form. see attached photo. Kevin
  • 06-08-2018 08:04 AM In reply to

Re: Copy/Paste to Rich Text fields

I'm not sure what I'm to be looking for in the screenshot. Is the formatting not copying?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-08-2018 08:10 AM In reply to

the screen shot is to give an idea of what the form looks like. The issue I have is that when I select multiple cells of text and try to paste them, it all goes into one cell on the Infopath form. What format is needed to cut/paste multiple calls? Kevin
  • 06-08-2018 08:14 AM In reply to

Ok - I just tested this in Filler - selected multiple cells (all in one row) in Excel and pasted into the first cell in my repeating table - it pasted OK. Is this in the browser? Or in InfoPath Filler? What versions of InfoPath / Excel? I'm using Office 2016 for Excel & InfoPath 2013. I set up my test with Rich Text fields in the InfoPath repeating table.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-08-2018 08:24 AM In reply to

can I send you the files I am using to test?
  • 06-08-2018 08:27 AM In reply to

Sure - I'll email you via the forum and you can reply. The question remains, though, as to whether the issue is in the browser or filler & what versions you are using. :-)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-08-2018 09:09 AM In reply to

Just want to update the thread with what we learned via email - the issue here is that the control in the form is a repeating section, not a table. I could paste in data (even multiple rows, if I added the rows prior to pasting) into my test form, but in your form, since the control is a repeating section, pasting doesn't work.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.