Dropdown to show values entered into separate column - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Dropdown to show values entered into separate column

Last post 08-30-2018 06:46 AM by Flowerss. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2018 04:44 AM

Dropdown to show values entered into separate column

I am able to create a drop down menu and link it to an external SharePoint list, with no issues. However, I would like to create a drop down menu that displays all values entered into a column in the same list. Whenever I try to do this, InfoPath tells me it needs to be a repeating table. Can anyone advise how I can do this? Thanks
    Filed under:
  • 06-04-2018 07:46 AM In reply to

Re: Dropdown to show values entered into separate column

Create a secondary data connection to the same list. Then you'll have a data connection with a repeating group in the data fields - use it just like you would any SharePoint list connection.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-05-2018 05:16 AM In reply to

Didn't think to do that - it's worked perfectly. Thanks!
  • 08-30-2018 06:46 AM In reply to

Hi, I'm trying to do the same thing using InfoPath 2013. Unfortunately, I'm having difficulties. What am I trying to do? I've created a SharePoint 2013 List with a column that has over 100 companies as a choice option. This "Company" list will be referenced multiple times within the InfoPath form. When a user selects a company name alone, they will be able to select the company name. However, when they go into another section of the form where they have contact information, then they will also need to enter company name as well. Thus, I'd like to populate the multiple option "company" field numerous times within my form. I've been able to easily drag and drop the field control into my form the first time the "company" multiple choice field was used. However, now that I'd like to use it for the second time. I'm unable to. What steps did I use? I created another column within SharePoint 2013 and labeled it as a text box. The column is "Company of the Referrer". Afterward, I dragged this field into my form. Next, I changed the control to a drop down. Secondly, I navigated to the drop-down list properties and get choices from external data. Third, I ran through the options to connect to my SharePoint list with the "company" field. For the Entries: I selected the long InfoPath column display name For the Values: I selected "Company" or "." For the Display Name: I selected "Company" or "." When I try to test my form. It comes up blank. Would you be able to provide a step by step solution to how you were able to get this to work so that I can troubleshoot my steps?
    Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.