Second view in Infopath not submitting to SP List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Second view in Infopath not submitting to SP List

Last post 06-01-2018 02:06 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2018 08:31 AM

Second view in Infopath not submitting to SP List

I created a infopath form with two views. ALL fields are in one SP list. When the user clicks a button on the default infopath page, it opens the second page view (second view submits data to main SP list and another list with same fields. Once the second page fields have been filled out and submitted, the form only submits the data from the default page to the second SP list and not the fields from the second page view. I have traced all my steps but cannot get the to the bottom of the issue. Anyone have the same issue or insight?
  • 06-01-2018 09:23 AM In reply to

Re: Second view in Infopath not submitting to SP List

Any chance I can see your form? You can attach it under the options tab. If not - can you tell me what approach you took for submitting to two lists? These are lists, not libraries? You are using code, CAML, or some other approach?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-01-2018 09:42 AM In reply to

The form gives the user an option to submit the second view page only when there is a discrepancy associated with there Audit. The second view page is a discrepancy form. The second SP list has the same form that is used only for discrepancies for our Units, this is why I wanted the second view page to submit the data to the second SP list. I used the Submit Rules and also created a SP Workflow that copies the list items when the discrepancies box is marked "Yes". Thanks for any help you can provide.
  • 06-01-2018 09:55 AM In reply to

So - does the form currently submit data to the second list? Submitting data to a SharePoint List from InfoPath is not very straightforward - there are ways to do it, but it isn't supported out of the box except in List forms, which only submit to a single list. Or are these form libraries? and you submit to both libraries? Sorry to be confused, it would help if I could see a copy of your form.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-01-2018 10:03 AM In reply to

Unfortunately, I cannot share the actual form. The form does submit to the second list, but it only submits the data from the default view page. It does not submit the data from the second view page (although I set the second page submit rule to submit to both SP list). These are list not libraries.
  • 06-01-2018 10:28 AM In reply to

The main reason I'm confused is that it isn't actually possible in InfoPath to create a submit connection to a list. :-) If the form is a list form, it will have a default submit connection to that list, but it isn't possible to create another submit connection that submits to a second list, unless you are using the lists web service & CAML, or code. In terms of why fields in one view submit and fields in another do not - are all the fields in the main data source?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 06-01-2018 11:56 AM In reply to

Sorry, I miss spoke. I first created a rule to submit to both SP list connections but it did not work. All the fields in the main source data list. I have created a SP workflow to copy the list items to the second list. I think I could explain it better if I could privately share the form.
  • 06-01-2018 02:06 PM In reply to

I sent you an email via the forum - you can reply to it with a copy of your form if you like & I can take a look.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.