Multiple submit - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Multiple submit

Last post 05-24-2018 01:38 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-23-2018 02:45 PM

Multiple submit

So I am working a form that I need to allow multiple users assigned to the people picker and then when the form is submitted create a form for each user in the people picker. The reason is each user needs to acknowledge they received the form for legal reasons.
  • 05-24-2018 08:13 AM In reply to

I think the challenge here is going to be creating the rules in such a way that you don't end up with an error about rules looping. Instead of allowing multiple people to be selected in the person / group picker, I'd probably put the person / group picker in a repeating section, so each section only had one person, then I'd add a field in that to do the submit. I'm attaching a rudimentary sample - save the attached file locally and then you can right click the XSN and select design to open in design mode. A few notes: This form is set to submit to my site - you'll want to change that data connection. It has another site of mine in the People Picker settings - so you'll want to change that as well so you can use the people picker. You'll need to add some logic to allow the per user forms to submit correctly - that is, you don't want to be creating multiple forms when the individual users open and resubmit their forms! I'd probably base that off a status field, or you could leverage the FormName field for that as well - it should be blank on submit in a new form, but populated in existing forms.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-24-2018 08:30 AM In reply to

Thank you I will give this a shot and report back.
  • 05-24-2018 01:27 PM In reply to

Thank you for you help I was able to get this working the way I needed it to.
  • 05-24-2018 01:38 PM In reply to

Great job, glad I could help!
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.