Dynamic Drop Down in SharePoint using InfoPath - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Dynamic Drop Down in SharePoint using InfoPath

Last post 05-24-2018 07:49 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2018 07:38 AM

Dynamic Drop Down in SharePoint using InfoPath

I've followed through the guides/instructions that I can find in the Internet but there isn't one that match my requirement. I have a SharePoint Custom List, and I need to have 3 drop down lists. The 2nd drop down will need to display the value based on the value selected in 1st drop down, and 3rd depend on 2nd. Most of the guides are applicable to 1-to-many relationship. When I follow the guides for conditional drop down, when I select Application, I will have duplicate of 'Change' in my Tier 2 drop down. Tier 2 values maybe be the same for each Tier 1 value. Same goes to Tier 3. I've attached a screenshot. How can I do this in SharePoint, or InfoPath? Thanks!
  • 05-17-2018 04:58 PM In reply to

Re: Dynamic Drop Down in SharePoint using InfoPath

You are using InfoPath for your list form? There should be a checkbox for displaying unique items only in the dropdown settings....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-21-2018 10:46 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Yes, I've enabled it but it is still showing duplicates.
  • 05-22-2018 02:50 PM In reply to

Yuck. You can add a filter that matches on preceding & following sibling to only show unique items - here's a post that has an example.

Hilary Stoupa

• 05-23-2018 08:27 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Thank you for the link. I've tried but the steps provided only works if all my 3 dropdown lists have the same values/options.
  • 05-23-2018 10:12 PM In reply to

I followed this guide - http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/greg/archive/2005/07/14/Create-a-Repeating-Cascading-List-from-a-Flat-Data-Source.aspx it works for 1st and 2nd drop downs but it doesn't work for 3rd drop down.
  • 05-24-2018 07:49 AM In reply to

Could I see a copy of your form?
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.