Infopath form using web service does not submit to list from browser - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath form using web service does not submit to list from browser

Last post 05-17-2018 08:54 AM by techserf. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-16-2018 10:59 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath form using web service does not submit to list from browser

I've attached a copy of your form - save the file locally, right click and select design. Reviewing the logic, it looks like the Field values in the Batch node should be whatever is in the last list item, given the way the logic in the form works. I added a test button. Since the issue occurs in the browser, publish the form & add an item to the repeating table. Click the test button - are all the field values populated in the new section I added? Does the form submit to the list? I don't see any issues in your logic, and you already confirmed that executing your submit data connection doesn't cause an error, so I'm at a bit of a loss, but this is where I would start debugging if it were my form.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-17-2018 08:32 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, Thanks for all your hard work on this. I published the form you modified to the server and submitted an item in the repeating table. The test area you created worked and showed my entries in the repeating table however it did not save it to the list. So the problem seems to be the connection from the browser based form to the list.
  • 05-17-2018 08:38 AM In reply to

It does - and I just don't know what else to suggest! You aren't getting an error.... just executing the submit connection created a blank list item... it seems like their should be some way to see on the server the web service query coming in, but I'm not so savvy in those types of things, so I'm not sure what the right tool would be for that, when there isn't anything in the ULS logs.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-17-2018 08:54 AM In reply to

At least with your help I have narrowed down where the problem is coming from and it is not the form. Once I resolve the issue (if I can resolve the issue) I will let you know what the problem was in case you ever come across it again. Once again thanks for your help. Thanks :-)
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.