Infopath form using web service does not submit to list from browser - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath form using web service does not submit to list from browser

Last post 05-17-2018 08:54 AM by techserf. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-07-2018 10:14 AM

Infopath form using web service does not submit to list from browser

I have an Infopath form in SharePoint that submits information to a Form library and a SharePoint list using the UpdateListItems web service. The submit to list uses a udc connection stored in the site data connections folder. The issue is when the form and repeating table is submit is clicked in a browser the form is submitted to the form library but the list items are not. No errors are generated. When the form is opened in Infopath and submitted the submission posts the form to the library as well as adding information in the repeating table to the list. Exactly as desired. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve the issue.
  • 05-14-2018 12:10 PM In reply to

Re: Infopath form using web service does not submit to list from browser

I would expect an error if this was a server configuration issue. This isn't Office 365, is it? If not, I'd try again and check the ULS logs on the server....
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-14-2018 02:03 PM In reply to

Hi Hilary thanks for the response. The uls logs do not show an error. It is running on SharePoint 2013 farm. The odd thing to me is when you open the form in InfoPath and submit it (using the web service for list submission) it writes to the list with no issue. Yet from the browser it is like the information is never submitted.
  • 05-14-2018 02:18 PM In reply to

Let's see. I would try to test just the list submit. I'd add the batch node that you are submitting to the form so you can make sure it is populated, and add a button to just execute the data connection... maybe see if that reveals anything? Anytime I've run into this, loopback check is disabled on the server and I get an error in the browser, so I'm a little stumped as to where to begin. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-14-2018 02:44 PM In reply to

So I created a button that submits to the web service. Submit occurred without error. Information submitted did not post however the ID number for a list entry is showing now.
  • 05-14-2018 02:51 PM In reply to

Oh interesting! And the batch node that you are submitting showed the values you expected to be submitted?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-15-2018 06:36 AM In reply to

Have to plead ignorant on this one. How do you add the batch node?
  • 05-15-2018 07:41 AM In reply to

So - how are you submitting to the web service? Usually, I have a secondary XML data connection with a node called "batch" that has the various fields being set for the submit. I'm suggesting you drag that node onto the form so you can see the values - does that make sense?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-15-2018 08:38 AM In reply to

When you drag the batch node to the form and preview the form entries created in the form should be mirrored in the batch table as well. Is that correct?
  • 05-15-2018 09:02 AM In reply to

If your web service submit is submitting the batch node, you'd expect to see the values there in the list - since your form is succeeding in Filler, you could always verify this in preview.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-15-2018 10:57 AM In reply to

From the preview mode everything works exactly as desired. The problem occurs once the form is published and submission takes place from the browser. That is what I am racking my brain trying to figure out.
  • 05-15-2018 12:31 PM In reply to

Yes, I understood this - were you able to put the batch node on your form? Is the data populated both in the browser & in preview?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-15-2018 01:26 PM In reply to

I added a batch node to my form. It does not display information entered into the form until the submit is clicked. Is that how it is supposed to work? Or should the information appear in both simultaneously?
  • 05-15-2018 03:58 PM In reply to

Depends on your rules. Are the rules to set the values on the submit button / submit rules? How are you setting the nodes? Can I see your form? You can attach it under the Options tab in a reply. I'll take a quick look at it tomorrow. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-16-2018 07:47 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, I am attaching a copy of the form I am having issues with. in order to display the repeating table that submits to the list you have to select the checkbox after "Do you need to record Non-Participant Information" Thanks for taking a look.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.