form load rule skipped? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

form load rule skipped?

Last post 05-07-2018 10:50 AM by SusanP. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-03-2018 11:41 AM

form load rule skipped?

I have a form load rule that checks if the form is see if it’s being opened by the "preparer" or the "requestor", and if so, it is supposed to switch to the starting view (called Request) and then execute no more rules. We recently migrated this form to SharePoint Online, and once in a while it SEEMS that this rule gets skipped and the user ends up in the default read-only view. I must have a logic error somewhere, right? Thanks.
    Susan Pierce
    University of Texas at Arlington
  • 05-04-2018 03:34 PM In reply to

Re: form load rule skipped?

Just had an epiphany -- seems this kind of thing is happening also, intermittently, with controls being disabled. Well, the forms have a lot of rules and formatting and views (they were some of the first forms I created many years ago, and the design isn't very efficient). When network traffic is heavy, or when browsers are slow to load, or some kind of timeout occurs – maybe all of the form’s formatting rules are not getting “read”. This would explain the inconsistency of the controls being disabled or users landing in the wrong view, and why I can’t find anything wrong with the form’s rules, and why it’s cropping up in SharePoint Online, where I assume there is a performance hit compared to on-premises.
    Susan Pierce
  • 05-04-2018 04:32 PM In reply to

I'm really not sure - the fact that it is intermittent is kind of weird, right? You'd expect it to either work or not - any consistency across users? i.e., it always works for you, never works for Dave, etc?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 05-07-2018 10:50 AM In reply to

Thanks Hilary. Yeah, weird. Unfortunately, the people who have had problems are VIPs, and I can't ask them to try again. Another thought - I understand that SharePoint Online creates a user profile during a user's first login. I wonder if that could cause a delay in the form loading . . .
    Susan Pierce
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.