View Time Zone in Date/Time field? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

View Time Zone in Date/Time field?

Last post 05-14-2018 12:00 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-01-2018 09:24 AM

• Jen B
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-16-2012
    • Posts 87

View Time Zone in Date/Time field?

Greetings! 

I cannot find an answer after searching the web, so I am coming to my favorite forum to see if anyone has an answer.  (Running InfoPath 2010 Filler form on 2007 sharepoint.) 

I just received a request to change 15 or so date fields to date/time fields.  The user wants to see turn around times down to the hour.  I'm setting up the fields to calculate now() when the person selects the date (since they are used to doing that in the form).  Where I know I'm going to run into an issue is the difference between the now() time zone for the person assigning the item to the writer and the time zone of the writer. 

The two options I can think of that would help in the situation are: 1. Ability to just have a consistent time zone to base 'now()' on - ideally without making a data connection to the sharepoint.  OR 2. Simply show the time zone after the time so one can see that the time something was assigned was in, say, EST, but the person working the item and entering the other dates was in CST.

I see that you can format the date/time to use or not use the operating system on the computer of the user, but I can't determine what time is being pulled in when not using it.  I have also found a lot on how to recalculate based on known time zones or how to add hours to time, but I haven't found anything online that addresses the simple need to have a consistent time zone used.  I'm sure this isn't a new idea, so what am I missing?   

Thank you for your help!!

Jen 

Filed under: ,
  • 05-14-2018 12:00 PM In reply to

Re: View Time Zone in Date/Time field?

I'm slow to reply to this, I'm sorry. The only way I know to do this is code - and I agree, it seems like one of those things you should just be able to get without so much bother.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.