InfoPath 2013 - XML Parsing Error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath 2013 - XML Parsing Error

Last post 04-26-2018 07:59 AM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-25-2018 08:57 AM

InfoPath 2013 - XML Parsing Error

Hi, hope this isn't a duplicate. I'm working in an enterprise environment. I recently upgraded to from Windows 7/Office 2010/SharePoint 2010 to Windows 10/Office365/SharePoint 2016. I have InfoPath Designer 2013. I can create & publish new forms and edit & publish existing forms. However, when I try to USE the forms I receive the following error message: The form contains XML that cannot be parsed: An invalid character was found in text content. Line 1, Position 5 MSCF ----^ This occurs whether it's a web-enabled form or a filler form. I have exported & examined the source files. None of them contain invalid xml as far as I can tell. The "MSCF" referenced in the error message is at the top of template.xsn - which obviously isn't an xml file. Another user with the same system setup is able to create & edit forms and I am able to open and use them. This leads me to think there may be a problem with my individual InfoPath configuration. I have not tried re-installing InfoPath yet. Thought I'd ask here before invoking the nuclear option. Any help anyone can provide will be appreciated. SB
  • 04-25-2018 09:05 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2013 - XML Parsing Error

Are InfoPath and your Office install the same bitwise? i.e. both are 32 or both are 64 bit? Have you installed all software updates?
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-25-2018 09:23 AM In reply to

Thanks for the quick reply! I should have been more specific. We're running Office 2016 on the desktop, all 32-bit including InfoPath. We also have O365 and SharePoint in the cloud. My co-worker has exactly the same setup & I can use his forms w. no problem.
  • 04-26-2018 07:59 AM In reply to

Even all the same service packs & patches? If so - I'd probably uninstall / re-install InfoPath.
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.