Operations that can be performed within SharePoint environment (Form Services) - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Operations that can be performed within SharePoint environment (Form Services)

Last post 04-23-2018 01:40 AM by OrangeJuice. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-19-2018 01:44 AM

Operations that can be performed within SharePoint environment (Form Services)

Hi

I have a number of forms that when opened, open in the SharePoint Context (directly in SharePoint), I think this is also known as Form Services.

I have a requirement where I need to get external data from SQL but also need to pass SQL a few parameters. According to SQL documentation I cannot pass parameters to Tables nor Views (I tried).

So this leaves Stored Procedures. However I am under the impression that to use Stored Procedures I need to use custom code. If I use custom code then the form no longer opens in Form Services but rather in InfoPath Client. Is this true and is there any way can use Stored Procedures without custom code?

Thanks 

• 04-20-2018 08:51 AM In reply to

Re: Operations that can be performed within SharePoint environment (Form Services)

Is your SharePoint instance on premises? Or Office 365? If on prem, you should be able to still publish a form with code. I usually create a dummy connection to the SQL DB and then modify the command in code so that I don't have to have a full trust form.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-23-2018 01:40 AM In reply to

Re: Operations that can be performed within SharePoint environment (Form Services)

Hi Hilary,

I'm using SharePoint 2010 on-premise.  Though I want to eventually call a Stored Procedure to display data in the InfoPath form, as a test I've created a simple alert box. I added a reference to System.Windows.Forms in the InfoPath code.
    I attempted to upload the xsn file in Central Admin but received an error as below.

Its a lot of hassle to create a Fully Trusted Form (FTF), are you suggesting I can write code without a FTF and this would open in the browser? If yes, could you explain the steps in a bit more detail pls?

Also why am I getting the error below?

Thanks very much. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.