Promoting URL for workflow - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Promoting URL for workflow

Last post 04-13-2018 12:09 PM by K5Optima. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-13-2018 09:06 AM

Promoting URL for workflow

Morning, I am trying to pass the formsviewer url in an email from a SP workflow. Problem I am having is the whole textString of the url is not being written to SharePoint. What I have done is created a field called URLHold and on submit a rule runs setting this fields value with concatenated string of the URL to formsviewer, myfield with forms name, and .xml. In Infopath the url is written correctly and the form opens appropriately, but when I navigate to the document library where it was submitted the field only has a portion of the URL thus making the workflow email useless as that is the url it is using.
  • 04-13-2018 11:20 AM In reply to

Re: Promoting URL for workflow

Can I take a look at your form? You can attach it to a reply, under the Options tab.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-13-2018 11:46 AM In reply to

Hi Hilary, I did manage to get it to work a different way. I ended up creating the URL in the workflow directly by using the string builder Address + adding the filename field + .xml. Pretty much what should be happening from within SP. I am curious if you can figure out my original plan.
  • 04-13-2018 12:04 PM In reply to

I'd guess you are hitting a character limit. Your promoted property will be a text column (not multiline) - so only 255 chars. You are getting truncated data because of that.
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-13-2018 12:09 PM In reply to

Ah that makes sense. Glad, I figured out the alternative. Thanks as always.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.