getting a starting 0 to carry over when using +1 formula - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

getting a starting 0 to carry over when using +1 formula

Last post 04-09-2018 12:33 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-06-2018 03:35 PM

getting a starting 0 to carry over when using +1 formula

so i have a field in an infopath form called autonumber i manually edit this field and set default value to 0300. then i edit the form to a use a formula which looks at my library and pulls the highest number +1 when i submit a new form. well i do it but when i submit it i just get 301 instead of 0301. Is there any way to carry that first 0 over and have it show up? I have tried making the autonumber field a decimal and a whole number for the properties neither of which i have had luck with, any info would be great!
  • 04-09-2018 07:49 AM In reply to

Re: getting a starting 0 to carry over when using +1 formula

Numbers can't have a preceding zero, which is why you are having this problem. The field must be a string and then you'll need to use a formula to zero pad as needed (since once you hit 1000 you no longer need the preceding zero). Here's a thread on that: http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/20643/71474.aspx
    Hilary Stoupa

• 04-09-2018 09:11 AM In reply to

Thanks Hilary, I was able to just copy the first rule i had which got the max and added +1 paste it and add the extra filter sayign if ot matches pattern \d\d\d then concat(0",my originalfomular+1) and it seems to work since the rules run in order i just put it under the top one and before submit and it works! :D
  • 04-09-2018 12:33 PM In reply to

Perfect, sounds like you have it doing what you need. :)
    Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2018 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.